2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Disagree lads.

He's started playing mid forward for Bendigo with very strong results - so wouldn't be pigeon holing his role.

He mightn't be the silkiest player in the pool, but is there anyone who competes, steps up in big moments, wants to be the "man", hates losing and is a leader as much as him?

Depends how much you value the latter. He oozes having confidence and drive to get the absolute most out of himself. All those things are Big Bonus points - Even moreso with us having a pretty meek side and likely about to lose Bakes.

As we know, he's also exceptional overhead, covers the turf, has a nice burst of speed and importantly looks like he has a very good tank (love to see his Yo Yo number).

He's a watch for the rest of the year to see how he continues to translate up the ground, but he's about 10-12 on Leysy's list ATM and be welcome in Tiger colours.
Don't complain about our lack of polish anymore then Nobets.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Disagree lads.

He's started playing mid forward for Bendigo with very strong results - so wouldn't be pigeon holing his role.

He mightn't be the silkiest player in the pool, but is there anyone who competes, steps up in big moments, wants to be the "man", hates losing and is a leader as much as him?

Depends how much you value the latter. He oozes having confidence and drive to get the absolute most out of himself. All those things are Big Bonus points - Even moreso with us having a pretty meek side and likely about to lose Bakes.

As we know, he's also exceptional overhead, covers the turf, has a nice burst of speed and importantly looks like he has a very good tank (love to see his Yo Yo number).

He's a watch for the rest of the year to see how he continues to translate up the ground, but he's about 10-12 on Leysy's list ATM and be welcome in Tiger colours.
While we're throwing out opinions on players, went back and looked at Harry Armstrong to see if missing anything considering the love he seems to have.

Yes he kicks well, yes he looks to know where to run - But still can't see it. Not with a high pick anyway.

He's a 194cm forward who looks to not be able to really jump - Happy to be proven wrong from anyone who might have watched him more?

If so, they aren't the traits (smallish plus little elevation) of a No 1 key forward who can lead the forward line - Projects way more as a number 2 or 3 banana ILO.

And you want the former if you're talking a first round pick. Much prefer others in this draft for that position.

Pick 25 on - yeah sure he might be a decent type. And FWIW that's where have him ranked in that 25-35 mark.
Your on fire today ,totally agree.

Reactions: 2 users
Mentioned him a few times ,but l guess it was a month or two ago.
Very athletic and great overhead ,but needs to put on some beef ,like l posted a while back might make a good kp defender
Lucky Lockwood's names not Rioli so we are more likely to be able to get him as a rookie if we want him.
Do you think he will be picked up in either drafts?

Reactions: 1 user
think they've already traded out of the draft in anticipation of Ashcroft so I dont they have much on offer?

upgrading our 21 to their pick 15 would be nice.

I think Lombard top 3 would be better high up for us, cause GC have current pick 7 and 8 we could get into,

you think our No.1 would be especially appealing to them so they can grab the best non-academy plus Lombard?

we could do pick 1 for 7 and 8,

then Bakes and 8 to WC for 3 (by points value, values Bakes at pick 25)

turn 1 and bakes into 3 and 7?

take a look at Toomey and RmC draft ranking and see what 3, 7 and 15 buys

its pretty compelling.
Something like FOS Draper Allan would absolutely ridiculous haul.

Im gonna go early on next years most overhyped

(Time will tell, but all signs suggesting i got last years right in Smilie)

zeke uwland.

Will even out the 23 and 24 hauls a bit if GC have to cough up 2500 points for a small HBF who isnt a great kick

A kind of outside Andrew McGrath

Lucky Lockwood's names not Rioli so we are more likely to be able to get him as a rookie if we want him.
Do you think he will be picked up in either drafts?
He did play for Country in the Champ trials ,l think he can play ,and think he will make a good back man with his long reach and great leap,quite quick as well for 198cm,but needs to build up a fair bit.
Third round on wards ,l would be surprised if he wasn't picked up by us,being our NGA.

Reactions: 5 users
Not sure other clubs will want to the more i think on it. Rather have 12 and 15 than 7.

Gold Coast currently have 7, and 8.

Lombard could attract a bid at 1 or 2, which would leave GC with 8

so they'd have Lombard and pick 8 wouldn't they? then on the toomeys phantoms, they take Lalor or Draper.

lets say Draper. Lombard and Draper.

if we swap 1 for 7 and 8.

GC take Josh Smilie or FOS at 1, and pay for LL with junk

lets say FOS and LL.

If we hold 1, I think we take jagga, but we could take FOS

but if we've got 7 and 8 now, we take Trainor and Draper or Lalor (sticking with Toomeys phantom)

the question would become

are Trainor + Draper (or Lalor) > Jagga or FOS ?

its a tough one

Gold Coast currently have 7, and 8.

Lombard could attract a bid at 1 or 2, which would leave GC with 8

so they'd have Lombard and pick 8 wouldn't they? then on the toomeys phantoms, they take Lalor or Draper.

lets say Draper. Lombard and Draper.

if we swap 1 for 7 and 8.

GC take Josh Smilie or FOS at 1, and pay for LL with junk

lets say FOS and LL.

If we hold 1, I think we take jagga, but we could take FOS

but if we've got 7 and 8 now, we take Trainor and Draper or Lalor (sticking with Toomeys phantom)

the question would become

are Trainor + Draper (or Lalor) > Jagga or FOS ?

its a tough one
I know what you are saying eZyT but I have a fundamental problem giving Gold Coast pick 1 and allowing them to take Lombard with later picks.

I know that's how the game is played but Gold Coast have been given the world by the AFL and I don't want to see them get pick 1 on top of all the academy kids they have been given.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Pick 3 for Bakes and 21

then possibly 3 for Freo's 7 and 14

or even 1 for GC 7 and 8.

3, 7, 8 would be a good hand if we knew our main man was there at 3 (probable given Norf take Trainor)

we should be aiming for 4 picks inside 15
3 picks under 12 will be fantastic.
We need a Butters Rozee Georgiadis combo

Think spoof and someone else may have mentioned him, but Harry Oliver goes under the radar a bit. Nice left foot, puts his head over it, wheels aren't too bad. Played down back for the most part for VM but either as a mid or small defender, he might be half decent for someone.

Short out, Oliver in ! :ROFLMAO: