2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Hey all, first time poster.

I've followed the draft closely for a number of years (but defs not a know it all).

I love this draft, and I think it's the best depth I've seen for a very long time. There's a lot of players I'd be happy with for us, however I think Tobie Travaglia and his quality is being slept on a little bit.

He was massive as a defender for country, however for the pioneers he's been playing fwd / mid so he's one of the most versatile players in the pool. He kicked 3 from 28 touches and nearly got Bendigo home single-handedly in his last game for them. Excellent decision maker and skill level, has burst and speed and is awesome overhead. Also has been captain so highly regarded leader. He would be in my top 5 at the moment.

My view is we need either midfielders with burst and skill, any forward with craft, and more key fwd talent. This draft has great options in all those areas.

Great first post groovy!

Welcome to the room, the more the merrier

Im gonna throw you in the deep end and ask

Whose your top3 currently?

(I know its like asking you to list 3 things that would never have occured to you)

Reactions: 1 users
Does Toce have a style of player he generally leans too?

My impression is, other than phillipou, he goes for leg speed with a bit of height who can kick.

Wanganeen milera his blueprint for putting meat on the spine?

Just an impression, no analysis

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve been overseas so haven’t seen any of the championships, so this is a genuine question:

Is there a danger that Jagga Smith just becomes another Jack Higgins? He was a small midfielder who absolutely dominated in the Under 18’s, racking up huge numbers of possessions. Very highly rated in 2017, but ended up sliding to us, much to many people’s disbelief. However, as we know he was pushed forward at AFL level (as many slightly built midfielders are in their early years) and has become a decent AFL player, but no more.

Anyway, look forward to catching at least one of Jagga’s VFL games.

I’ve been overseas so haven’t seen any of the championships, so this is a genuine question:

Is there a danger that Jagga Smith just becomes another Jack Higgins? He was a small midfielder who absolutely dominated in the Under 18’s, racking up huge numbers of possessions. Very highly rated in 2017, but ended up sliding to us, much to many people’s disbelief. However, as we know he was pushed forward at AFL level (as many slightly built midfielders are in their early years) and has become a decent AFL player, but no more.

No.

• Haha

Is there a danger that Jagga Smith just becomes another Jack Higgins?

None whatsoever.

Theres a greater chance of joe biden winning the olympic 100m gold in paris

• Haha

No Tsatas vibes,,high possession and clearance winner ,but not great in the physical stuff ,tackling etc.

I always expect Geelong to bottom out ,and yet they keep on going ,the youngsters they bring in are usually physically ready ,and are contested types .

• Haha
That's me too. The run and jump grab was something to behold and in traffic he showed some really good signs but I want full-time mid who can go forward from day one not the other one around.

That's why I have Langford ahead of him. Based on performance and runs on the board. Langford is safer and offers a similar packaging.
Lalor has been playing mainly as a mid in the coates League for nearly 3 years ,the forward move is to add strings to the bow .

:ROFLMAO: ,He loves a tackle our boy Jagga,doesn't he Bowie.

tackling isn't his job.

but have you honestly missed the cotchin'esque attack on a contested ball?

can you honestly sit straight in your chair and type

that a bloke who got 16 CP in the hottest game in years,

shirks?

honestly or are you trolling me?

id like to know.

Ive got no probs being bowie , hahah,

but its a good discussion I'd hate to see polarise and degrade and go silly.

Last edited:
None whatsoever.

Theres a greater chance of joe biden winning the olympic 100m gold in paris
But can he back it up with gold in the pole vault and dodgeball events???

• Haha
I'm gonna ask for an answer to a question, (stupid as it may be!) that I imagine I could find here or elsewhere if I spent the time searching and tweaking ...... but I don't wanna do that, so instead of A.I. I'm asking PRE.I. (just thinking whether I should get rid of the 'I' after PRE🙄😉)

If the draft was held today, what is the current club order of selection taking into account who's traded in and out and up and down etc? Just the first 2 rounds would be nice to look at for the dreamers amongst us!
Thank you draft gurus!👍

Edit @mrposhman .... I hear you're the man!

Last edited:
I'm gonna ask for an answer to a question, (stupid as it may be!) that I imagine I could find here or elsewhere if I spent the time searching and tweaking ...... but I don't wanna do that, so instead of A.I. I'm asking PRE.I.

If the draft was held today, what is the current club order of selection taking into account who's traded in and out and up and down etc? Just the first 2 rounds would be nice to look at for the dreamers amongst us!
Thank you draft gurus!👍

@mrposhman is mr draft order, trading, points etc.

id like to add a question,

whats the likelihood Clarke and Blair recognised the depth of this years talent pool

prior to executing the Tarrant/hopper trade, seemingly left list space for it, and accumulated a very good hand for it?

tackling isn't his job.

but have you honestly missed the cotchin'esque attack on a contested ball?

can you honestly sit straight in your chair and type

that a bloke who got 16 CP in the hottest game in years,

shirks?

honestly or are you trolling me?

id like to know
Geez you really have him overrated Bowie ,how many of those possessions are turn overs