2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

If there was a Richo or Pavlich or Bompmytelly yes keep 1.
But the kids Beveridge and Twomey reckon the top 20 are all even.
Why not spilt pick 1 into 2 picks,
I'm only accepting eg: pick 5 and 12 or 3 & 15 type offers.
The more the better. We need a Sneezel/ Wardlaw or Butters/Rozeee or Jack/Cotchin or Edwards/Lambert.

So if we don't rate the top draftee as better than others, why would anyone overpay for them? It works both ways you know.

If there was a Richo or Pavlich or Bompmytelly yes keep 1.
But the kids Beveridge and Twomey reckon the top 20 are all even.
Why not spilt pick 1 into 2 picks,
I'm only accepting eg: pick 5 and 12 or 3 & 15 type offers.
The more the better. We need a Sneezel/ Wardlaw or Butters/Rozeee or Jack/Cotchin or Edwards/Lambert.
Historically, pick 1 produces an All-Australian calibre player every 2 picks. Pick 3-5 every 3.3 picks and a pick 12-15 every 5.7!

Sure, you could end up with Butters/Rozee or Sheezel/Wardlaw combo but your more likely to end up with something closer to Dow/Petrovski-Seton.

So, what’s your risk tolerance?

Reactions: 1 user
Historically, pick 1 produces an All-Australian calibre player every 2 picks. Pick 3-5 every 3.3 picks and a pick 12-15 every 5.7!

Sure, you could end up with Butters/Rozee or Sheezel/Wardlaw combo but your more likely to end up with something closer to Dow/Petrovski-Seton.

So, what’s your risk tolerance?
I reckon the media will go really quite about the kids thus year just because we are now last

Been thinking about this all day, the best thing I can say about FOS is that he is rusty.

Hope he shows a lot more at TAC level over the next few weeks.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Been thinking about this all day, the best thing I can say about FOS is that he is rusty.

Hope he shows a lot more at TAC level over the next few weeks.
Watch the last q again. Got his side home, and definitely rusty.

Reactions: 2 users
You still got Jagga ahead of him?
No not on top-tier potential, not on what absolute best looks like. But on performance in 2024, yes he is behind.

Still in team FOS but don't see FOS ahead on the entire crop on performance but potential. I want to see more.

Watch the last q again. Got his side home, and definitely rusty.
And that's what we are all hanging our hat on. I want to see more of that before the end of the year.

The old boy's got all jittery on us.

Don't worry though. The TiFOSi is still strong !
Naw, just not part of the back slapping "we know best" society.

And that's what we are all hanging our hat on. I want to see more of that before the end of the year.
No. There is more to hang our hat on, that being his 2023 season. Recent history shows the real guns have a great underage season. And for me, for his game to e at that level it was when he was lacking match fitness is a plus.

I went to the game yesterday a bit of a FOS sceptic, came away a convert. I was leaning to conversion but that last Q got me over the line. Didn't do a heap, but the quality and impact stood out. But I'm not an evangelist though, been wrong before.

Reactions: 3 users
Spilt the pick.
Not 1 person can confirm the best fjen kid in the country.
Spilt the pick
History shows pick 1 is rarely the best player from any particular draft but it’s nearly always a very good/great player.

Sure we can split picks but you significantly increase your risk of a bust and given our current situation, that’s something we cannot afford.

Pick one is as close to a sure bet as you’ll ever get drafting.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe a stupid question,

But does pick 1 in the first round,

Mean you also pick first in subsequent rounds?

Pick one is as close to a sure bet as you’ll ever get drafting.

By my calculations, Only 8 No.1's this century havnt been stars,

And some of them may still turn out to be,

And the others were very good players.

Jack watts and jon patton the closest thing to No.1 busts?

No.2 picks pretty much the same.

Scott gumbleton, harley bennell, jon orourke and josh schache the busts this century.

Pick 1 or 2 buys stars in roughly equal measures.

But i think the value in 1 this year maybe in setting up for subsequent picks?

But statisically (dog balls test) there is no difference between 1 and 2

But the data does suggest it falls away pretty sharply at pick 3 with d martin and c judd the most notable exceptions

Maybe a stupid question,

But does pick 1 in the first round,

Mean you also pick first in subsequent rounds?
Yes,as long as you don't trade it.

Picks will slide out with academy and father-son picks.

Pick 1 in the second round should be 19 but ends up being in the 20's.

Watching Collingwood tonight and it reinforces to me how much kicking skills matter.

I do like the thought of FOS and Murphy Reid making decisions with the ball by foot.

We can’t take on any iffy kicks.
100%