2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Langford looked pretty quick then?

interested to see his athletic data.

I think it will clearly show hes not slow.

I hope GWS or GCS draft Travaglia, so I never ever have to watch him play.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
The non eloquent guy has absolutely no idea what so ever who any of the players are.

Another amateur hour by the AFL where junior coverage is concerned.

Reactions: 1 users
Harvey Langford comfortably BOG to 3/4 time (25 disposals 8 clearances) from Leo Lombard (25/4)

@spooks bloke more Orazio Dow than Vontae Cotchin first 3/4, but appears to have changed gears in the last

Last edited:
good game.

FOS
Lombard
Langford
Lalor
Berry

would be my rankings

FOS is our man. coasted for 3/4 then changed gears.

Observations on fos

Very earnest, likes to tackle
Crotch like movement, very slippery
Very smart
Great Decision maker
Excellent kick

Though he won the game for them in the last quarter, not bad for a kid who has not played in 3 months

Looking forward to seeing how he goes next week versus metro

• Haha
Not listing players we can't get. Correct me if wrong.

Very draftable.
J. Whitlock
FOS
Langford
Shanahan
Jaques

Draftable
M. Whitlock
Faull
Kubank
Berry
Lalor

Late picks
Trav.
Gillett
McFadyen
Alger
Ivisic

Lombard to me screams top flight player, if HW can't get them in finals next year may as well grow hooch.

VC coach clearly knows FOS is the man.

Scores level last qtr, throws him into middle, running forward.

Created 2 goals and was the difference.

There were some good players out there,

But FOS seems to be a class above them coasting

Ill be barracking for Norf when we play them.

And i make apologies for that

Reactions: 2 users
Observations on fos

Very earnest, likes to tackle
Crotch like movement, very slippery
Very smart
Great Decision maker
Excellent kick

Though he won the game for them in the last quarter, not bad for a kid who has not played in 3 months

Looking forward to seeing how he goes next week versus metro
I’d take FOS just for the Cotch like movement.

Anyone got a list of what picks do we currently hold as wooden spooners?

1, 21, 36, 39, 41

We need another first round pick as a minimum.

Should get that with Baker and/or trading with a club who is after points for F/S.

Reactions: 2 users
Hotton also has to come into scope but with his knee and our record of injuries and management, he'd be a massive risk. Would be a no, unfortunately.

Bloody hell this is without doubt a total turtle of a midfield we have. Big big changes required.

Does that depends on our draft hand though? Lets say he's still there at 20 and we have 20 and have already taken 3 players, would you take him then? Ie. at our 2nd pick, he's a risk, is he as big a risk at our 4th pick?

1, 21, 36, 39, 41

We need another first round pick as a minimum.

Should get that with Baker and/or trading with a club who is after points for F/S.

With that current hand,

Id hope for a haul like

FOS, Allen, Sims, Champion

But with trading,

Id hope to add another gun mid from Jagga, Langford, Berry to the haul

After seeing a game from most of the top kids now these are my wee little observations

Hardest thing without doubt in drafting is working out what the big blokes will be at AFLlevel in 4 or 5 years , see quite a few with talent , seems we are producing more big fellas with good agility nowadays , Sims just had a bit more about him then the others but I wouldn’t be shocked if 6 of the talls end up better , definitely some talent there.

Fos and Draper look the 2 “ definitely make it “ about them , love the cleaness and concentration to stay in every contest from FOS , in saying that I don’t say his a lock elite AFL midfielder, looks the best , however there’s another half dozen or so who wouldn’t shock been the best of their draft . Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Smillie did become the clear best .

Appears a good draft to ad some genuine elite skilled players like Berry

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users