2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

This is true as all clubs have their own ratings on players.
Bolton was rated as pick number 6 by Collingwood so when Tigers pounced the pick before ,they were livid.
I think we took Bolton just before Collingwood’s pick, but it was a pick in the 20’s.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Imagine if Ward and Hobbs were both there. Would we get on the phone to the Saints and trade for their Pick 9 and end up with both of them? What would they want for it? Would we trade our future 1st to them? Maybe something like Pick 9 and their future 2nd for 26 and our future 1st?

I'd think getting Ward and Hobbs together would set our midfield up for the next 10 years.
Definitely swing for the fences in that scenario. I’d almost give 15 and next years North second.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
If its a choice between Johnson v Hobbs i would also take Johnson
192cm 90kgs (after 12 months in our system) dont come along too often that have the skill set and athleticism Johnson has

"by placing third nationally in the agility test, sixth in the standing vertical jump and seventh in the running vertical. He also ran a 20m sprint time under three seconds."

Sounds like a pretty good pick #9

Reactions: 7 users
If its a choice between Johnson v Hobbs i would also take Johnson
192cm 90kgs (after 12 months in our system) dont come along too often that have the skill set and athleticism Johnson has

"by placing third nationally in the agility test, sixth in the standing vertical jump and seventh in the running vertical. He also ran a 20m sprint time under three seconds."

Sounds like a pretty good pick #9
Also a sub three second sprint time, he has all the tools.

Reactions: 3 users
I like that game -

1. Harvey Harrison
2. Oscar Morrison
3. Mitch Hibberd

Why no talk about Mitch? His numbers in VFL have been outstanding, still only 22 & probably shouldn't have been cut in the first place.
You do realise Hibberd is 25 now and after his time at North had a very underwhelming year at Essendon in 2020? Whilst a very good state league player that is his standard.
Oh and he’s got bigger fish to fry now with Tina! Lol

Reactions: 1 user
You do realise Hibberd is 25 now and after his time at North had a very underwhelming year at Essendon in 2020? Whilst a very good state league player that is his standard.
Oh and he’s got bigger fish to fry now with Tina! Lol
Probably right, although he has finally found his spot in the midfield, this is his best shot at a recall.

Definitely swing for the fences in that scenario. I’d almost give 15 and next years North second.

Thats probably a better option than what I put up. I suspect if they want speed (and I think they do), they'd probably get either Sonsie or Sinn with Pick 15 and gain an extra 2nd next year. Could be a win win all round

Hobbs a bust! I suppose you need some context, if it's a Luke Ball vs Chris Judd scenario then maybe you have a point.
Bust may be harsh. I just think he will be not much more than a solid player when a bunch of classy types fall around him.

Sort if reminds me of a Dom Tyson. Great junior player but not sure had enough attributes to be the same player at AFL level. If we take him I will gladly be wrong!

Reactions: 1 users
Bust may be harsh. I just think he will be not much more than a solid player when a bunch of classy types fall around him.

Sort if reminds me of a Dom Tyson. Great junior player but not sure had enough attributes to be the same player at AFL level. If we take him I will gladly be wrong!
I think there will be a couple of outright stars in this batch but I doubt it will be Hobbs, I think you will get a guaranteed 100 games but without speed the upside is limited.

I think there will be a couple of outright stars in this batch but I doubt it will be Hobbs, I think you will get a guaranteed 100 games but without speed the upside is limited.
Yep that's my concern with us going Hobbs. With Ross, RCD, Graham and Martyn already in the midfield. We need someone with a bit more pace/agility and elite kicking skills.

Reactions: 4 users
Mate you are seriously either stupid or just a child now *smile* off idiot
Nah I'm enjoying this.

BTW you and a couple of you're flog mates on here ain't that popular. I've had plenty of PMs advising as such.

Last edited:
Just a totally different look as an alternative , What would peoples thoughts be on a completely different set up that included 4-5 mids that are 190cm+

Johnson (7) , Goater (15), Knevitt (26) if all available at our picks combined with RCD & even Ross
We certainly have the small mids to go along with them in Prestia,Bolton & Graham

Full Beast Mode

Reactions: 1 user
Nah I'm enjoying this.

BTW you and a couple of you're flog mates on here ain't that popular. I've had plenty of PMs begging me to give as good as I get so guess what I'm in for the long haul now u hairy campaigner. Every time you have a crack expect it back x2.
Maybe i should apologise to Senior Sergeant King Kong who is now impersonating a victorian police officer FMD you are a clown

Maybe i should apologise to Senior Sergeant King Kong who is now impersonating a victorian police officer FMD you are a clown

You've made a physical threat to me online in a PM. That is a criminal act. I intend to take the matter further.

• Haha
  • Wow
You've made a physical threat to me online in a PM. That is a criminal act. I intend to take the matter further.
LOL would you like to post the threat here ???? Like i said you fool lets have a coffee and a kebab and get this done
LOL you are a clown

LOL would you like to post the threat here ???? Like i said you fool lets have a coffee and a kebab and get this done
LOL you are a clown
I may be a clown buddy but at least I'm not about to be named and shamed for online threats. Good luck explaining that to your work and family