2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Schloithe no chance now. Bailey Rogers, 24, the premier player in the WAFL but I’m guessing he too will go undrafted.
Too late now but he has the pace & kicking smarts, maybe something to do with attitude? Not sure but that's effectively why Jye Bolton has been ignored every year, seems his Collingwood experience has sent a few shockwaves throughout the recruiting fraternity.

As for Hibberd, aside from a wretched run with injuries he's done everything asked of him, elite athlete too. Could do a hell of a lot worse in the rookie draft.

Funny you should bring Schloithe into discussions, I have pushed his cause every year, honestly cannot work out why he hasn't been given a chance.

Hibberd is now a bona fide inside mid, worth a look and I wouldn't read anything into North's decision to cut him.
Meh.

Seems like fun. So at the risk of throwing the cat amongst the pigeons, here is my list:

Boom
Horne
Daicos
Andrew
Callaghan
Rochelle Rochelle
Sonsie
Sinn
Chesser
Alleer

Bust
Darcy
Amiss
JVR
Gibcus
Roberts

Reckon this is a very strong draft

Reactions: 2 users
Hobbs a bust! I suppose you need some context, if it's a Luke Ball vs Chris Judd scenario then maybe you have a point.

Just on Hobbs , I cant see him being selected before pick #9 Richmond or West Coast at the earliest
Norf - No
Pies - Daicos
Doggies - Darcy
Gold Coast - Most likely Gibcus,Andrew , Callaghan available and Needs based
GWS - See GC
Hawks - No need for inside with average pace more Outside quality user
Crows - Similar to Crows IMO and would likely Rachele or even Johnson
Freo - Not with the WA talent available (Erasmus/Amiss/Johnson)

Im getting more and more convinced its either Richmond or Eagles for Hobbs

Reactions: 3 users
Just on Hobbs , I cant see him being selected before pick #9 Richmond or West Coast at the earliest
Norf - No
Pies - Daicos
Doggies - Darcy
Gold Coast - Most likely Gibcus,Andrew , Callaghan available and Needs based
GWS - See GC
Hawks - No need for inside with average pace more Outside quality user
Crows - Similar to Crows IMO and would likely Rachele or even Johnson
Freo - Not with the WA talent available (Erasmus/Amiss/Johnson)

Im getting more and more convinced its either Richmond or Eagles for Hobbs
1. Daicos
2. Horne-Francis
3. Darcy
4. Gibcus
5. Andrew
6. Callaghan
7. Rachele
8. Erasmus

So left on the table are Ward & Hobbs, think you have to take Ward if it's between the two.

PwRIx3D.jpg
Bully.
I wouldnt pick him up even if we had 490 picks.
Massive soft kok

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Why isn't Alleer rated higher? He looks unstoppable in the air.

Reactions: 1 user
just from some early viewing of highlight clips there's alot of mid / half forward prospects.

Like the look of Sonsie as the quick, goal kicking mid / half forward and Taylor as the busy inside / outside transition mid.

We can't go wrong with Hobbs/Ward/Johnson as a pure mid with our first pick imo.

Good time to have a stockpile of good picks with our midfield needing replenishing.

I have zero knowledge of any of the juniors but can I just say that I enjoy reading this immensely and as an onlooker I appreciate the insights enormously so a big thankyou to all.

I have no names to put next to roles but my optimal list would include an inside mid, a KPD, a KPF and a couple of mids with good size, pace and foot skills. I also want us to continue the no DH policy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
I have zero knowledge of any of the juniors but can I just say that I enjoy reading this immensely and as an onlooker I appreciate the insights enormously so a big Thankyou to all.

I have no names to put next to roles but my optimal list would include an inside mid, a KPD, a KPF and a couple of mids with good size, pace and foot skills. I also want us to continue the no DH policy.
Not sure there are any worthwhile KPF's but if it was Blair Hartley making the same requests I'd probably retort by advocating a swingman instead, that would mean grabbing van Rooyen at 17.

9. Johnson (tall mid)
17. van Rooyen (key position swingman)
30. McDonald (inside mid)
31. Howes (wingman)
32. Fejo Jnr (small forward)

Pretty good kicks across the board, not best of the best, you would have to use pick 17 to grab one of the elite guys like Sonsie & Taylor.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user