2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

So......and heres the million dollar question and plenty of scope for egg on our faces in the next few years, but who are the players that you absolutely don't want?

I'm throwing Roberts and Knevitt out there.

Andrews, Ward and Sheldrick

and I'm gonna really stick my neck on the block, just cause

and say Callahan :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
What don't you like about Ward?

Ezy jr's doesn't rate him, and im just backing his judgment.

I dont think I've even watched his highlight reel.

plus I like my bust predictions to be top 10, because they can turn out OK players, but still be a bust (Reece Conca a case in point)

edit: just watched Wards highlights. Im 100% with EZJ. there's a lot of Jack Higgins about his kicking (jam jar penetration). also seems too have to take tiny steps to balance before kicking on the run. If im paying first round, I want a fluid 55m roost on the run

Last edited:
Totally get the Callaghan thing.

its the extreme left-sidedness and propensity to do it all on his own that turns me off.

18 yo's only play against each other a couple of times and dont work each other out.

I reckon when AFL opponents watch footage of him all week,

he'll get nailed and could be a VFL player

Reactions: 1 users
its the extreme left-sidedness and propensity to do it all on his own that turns me off.

18 yo's only play against each other a couple of times and dont work each other out.

I reckon when AFL opponents watch footage of him all week,

he'll get nailed and could be a VFL player
Definitely a strong left sided player. Also needs to develop his inside game a bit more.

But clubs love him for his balance, delivery, athleticism and size so who can say. I totally get the nervousness.

So......and heres the million dollar question and plenty of scope for egg on our faces in the next few years, but who are the players that you absolutely don't want?

I'm throwing Roberts and Knevitt out there.

Agree on Roberts. What's your issue with Knevitt? Weight? Silent K?

B&F at the Footy Factory. Good size, athletic, decent mark.

Mr p shares my two not-wants.

Roberts too slow. Knevitt poor kick and takes a lot of uncontested marks from chippy-chips. Let him play for Geelong where he belongs.

With our first two picks I don't want JVR, NWM, Taylor, Chesser, Sinn.

I'm a Wilmot fan but agree with Leysy and Reds that he's not a need for us and will go between our second and third picks. I think he'll play 150+ games though.

If we take Hobbs before one of the two left after the Fremantle pick, it will be a mistake of Pavlich proportions.
Yikes!
Mr p shares my two not-wants.

Roberts too slow. Knevitt poor kick and takes a lot of uncontested marks from chippy-chips. Let him play for Geelong where he belongs.

With our first two picks I don't want JVR, NWM, Taylor, Chesser, Sinn.

I'm a Wilmot fan but agree with Leysy and Reds that he's not a need for us and will go between our second and third picks. I think he'll play 150+ games though.
Why no Taylor love? I would have thought his kicking will ensure he at least makes it as a rebounding defender, not a bad floor as a worst case scenario.

Ezy jr's doesn't rate him, and im just backing his judgment.

I dont think I've even watched his highlight reel.

plus I like my bust predictions to be top 10, because they can turn out OK players, but still be a bust (Reece Conca a case in point)

edit: just watched Wards highlights. Im 100% with EZJ. there's a lot of Jack Higgins about his kicking (jam jar penetration). also seems too have to take tiny steps to balance before kicking on the run. If im paying first round, I want a fluid 55m roost on the run
Interesting criteria, that would certainly knock out a few players including our current captain.

Yeah was gunna bring this up. For a bit of fun Booms and Busts.

Boom: Underrated in draft phantoms and clenching your beer draft night hoping we call their name

Busts: None of the guys projected to go 25+ you pansies.

Leysy will kick things off.

Boom:

1. Big Mac
2. The Goat
3. Butler

Bust:

1. NWM
2. Van Rooyen
3. Roberts

Reactions: 6 users

Boom: Underrated in draft phantoms and clenching your beer draft night hoping we call their name

Boom:

1. Andrew
2. The Goat
3. Butler

Bust:

1. NWM
2. Van Rooyen
3. Roberts
Good on you Leysy for putting your nads on the line, I love the Goat so I'll gracefully accept your other recommendations.

Boom:

1. Big Mac
2. The Goat
3. Butler

Bust:

1. NWM
2. Van Rooyen
3. Roberts
You need a third category: Hidden Gem.

You need a third category: Hidden Gem.
I like that game -

1. Harvey Harrison
2. Oscar Morrison
3. Mitch Hibberd

Why no talk about Mitch? His numbers in VFL have been outstanding, still only 22 & probably shouldn't have been cut in the first place.

Kai Lohmann has the ability to be anything ,great endurance,speed,great overhead ,but tries to be too flashy ,which put's a lot of his kicks under pressure .
I like players who take the game on, easier to get them to refine their decision making rather than forcing them into becoming a playmaker.