2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Boom

1. Johnson
2. Goater
3. Taylor

Bust

1. Draper
2. Roberts
3. Knevitt

Reactions: 1 users
Agree on Roberts. What's your issue with Knevitt? Weight? Silent K?

B&F at the Footy Factory. Good size, athletic, decent mark.
Knevitt, kicking is poor, even watching his "highlights" video on the AFL YT site, if they were his best kicks, what were his worst! I also sense a bit of a manchild thing with him, we already have 1 of those in RCD, we don't need another.

Reckon Knevitt either turns into a project mid like RCD or turns into a mid sized forward, which in this draft I wouldn't want to give a top 25 pick for which I suspect is likely where he goes.

I like that game -

1. Harvey Harrison
2. Oscar Morrison
3. Mitch Hibberd

Why no talk about Mitch? His numbers in VFL have been outstanding, still only 22 & probably shouldn't have been cut in the first place.

He's been on Love Island. Automatic tick against haha

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
You need a third category: Hidden Gem.

I think we should keep these to ourselves.

Journos already put ronny fejo's name up in lights.

And theres no *smile* way they trawled through SANFL reserves tapes.

Interesting criteria, that would certainly knock out a few players including our current captain.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule and i take your point.

But on our Captains balanced kicking at full pace; take a look at his goal in the 4th quarter 2017 Q final.

But you have to mark these kids hard. Its good to assume they are jared polec, gryan miers, cleave hughes and let them prove otherwise.

Reactions: 1 user
He's been on Love Island. Automatic tick against haha
PwRIx3D.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Why no Taylor love? I would have thought his kicking will ensure he at least makes it as a rebounding defender, not a bad floor as a worst case scenario.
Cos I don't love him. I don't see him as a top-4 mid. His kicking is neat not penetrating and he's small and not especially quick - not great attributes for a rebounder. I'm with Ezy, you don't use a top-20 pick on a rebounder, especially when you have Short, Stack, Rioli, Mansell and Cumberland on the list.

Boom:
Andrew
Butler
Sonsie
Wilmot
Goater
Owens
Howes

Bust:
JVR
Knevitt
Roberts
Motlop

Hidden gem:
Murley
Jones
Soligo

I like players who take the game on, easier to get them to refine their decision making rather than forcing them into becoming a playmaker.
Here's some comments about Lohmann,l agree with quite a bit of it,but accumulation l don't ,he played as a forward .
I agree he did improved a lot in the later games he played,he was more team orientated ,l think he missed the trial games because of injury.
I reckon had the nab season continued he would of been spoken about a lot more highly ,lm sure the recruiters would be looking.

Cos I don't love him. I don't see him as a top-4 mid. His kicking is neat not penetrating and he's small and not especially quick - not great attributes for a rebounder. I'm with Ezy, you don't use a top-20 pick on a rebounder, especially when you have Short, Stack, Rioli, Mansell and Cumberland on the list.

Boom:
Andrew
Butler
Sonsie
Wilmot
Goater
Owens
Howes

Bust:
JVR
Knevitt
Roberts
Motlop

Hidden gem:
Murley
Jones
Soligo
Not sure I agree with all that, Taylor can kick goals from 50 & what he lacks in pace he makes up for with his agility. Daniel Rich, Shannon Hurn & Christian Salem have all justified their selections, Rory Laird isn't particularly quick or tall, yet he is probably top 10 in his draft class. The rebounding role is also Taylor's floor, you pick him with a view to playing him as a mid.

Not sure I agree with all that, Taylor can kick goals from 50 & what he lacks in pace he makes up for with his agility. Daniel Rich, Shannon Hurn & Christian Salem have all justified their selections, Rory Laird isn't particularly quick or tall, yet he is probably top 10 in his draft class. The rebounding role is also Taylor's floor, you pick him with a view to playing him as a mid.
I'm not interested in a debate over Zac Taylor, bully. Love him all you want, but stop trying to get me to agree with you.

I'm not interested in a debate over Zac Taylor, bully. Love him all you want, but stop trying to get me to agree with you.
I'm not, just highlighting the fact that the best rebounders typically go in the first round, even uncontested ones like Quaynor.

Boom
Ward
Sonsie
NWM
JVR
Wilmot

Busts
Goater
Andrew
Williams
Knevitt (although there is some Worpel)

I think we should keep these to ourselves.

Journos already put ronny fejo's name up in lights.

And theres no *smile* way they trawled through SANFL reserves tapes.
Throw out a few red herrings, Ezy! That'll f^%& 'em.

• Haha
I like that game -

1. Harvey Harrison
2. Oscar Morrison
3. Mitch Hibberd

Why no talk about Mitch? His numbers in VFL have been outstanding, still only 22 & probably shouldn't have been cut in the first place.
3. Mitch Hibberd

Unavailable ATM - Too busy on Love Island falling in love

Mitch Hibberd is already a bust. Who next? Jye Bolton? Schloithe? Marcon?
Funny you should bring Schloithe into discussions, I have pushed his cause every year, honestly cannot work out why he hasn't been given a chance.

Hibberd is now a bona fide inside mid, worth a look and I wouldn't read anything into North's decision to cut him.

Funny you should bring Schloithe into discussions, I have pushed his cause every year, honestly cannot work out why he hasn't been given a chance.

Hibberd is now a bona fide inside mid, worth a look and I wouldn't read anything into North's decision to cut him.
Schloithe no chance now. Bailey Rogers, 24, the premier player in the WAFL but I’m guessing he too will go undrafted.