2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Yep, we need oodles of it. That’s why I want Sonsie at our second pick.

I don’t know enough about Murley, the raw numbers are ok. Is he this years Tom Powell?
Johnson, Sonsie & Taylor would bring some first class finishing skills to the table, I would be extremely pleased to get at least two from this group.

Reactions: 2 users
Not surprised. Rachelle talked them up in his recent interview.

Reckon the same too.

1 - North - JHF
2 - Collingwood - Daicos
3 - WBD - Darcy
4 - GWS - Andrew
5 - GC - Callaghan
6 - Adelaide - Rachele
7 - Hawthorn - Ward
8 - Fremantle - Gibcus / Johnson / Erasmus
9 - Richmond - Hobbs

Getting more and more likely. As long as Rachele and Andrew are picked ahead of us then he should be available at Pick 9.

Reactions: 1 users
Reckon the same too.

1 - North - JHF
2 - Collingwood - Daicos
3 - WBD - Darcy
4 - GWS - Andrew
5 - GC - Callaghan
6 - Adelaide - Rachele
7 - Hawthorn - Ward
9 - Richmond - Hobbs

Getting more and more likely. As long as Rachele and Andrew are picked ahead of us then he should be available at Pick 9.
Hobbs hasn't been linked with anyone else so you'd imagine he'll be there, Hawthorn don't really need another inside mid either so Ward the most likely. Gibcus vs Hobbs? Now that might make for an interesting discussion.

9. Gibcus
15. Sonsie
30. McDonald
31. Howes
32. Fejo Jnr

That's a pretty good blend & more upside than Hobbs & Dean, that in totality is a decent ticket.

The only thing I know for sure is that whoever we take with our pick is "EXACTLY WHO WE WERE AFTER" and "We couldn't beleive he was still available at our pick"!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Probably nothing to read into, but Jack Ross and Dan Rioli already follow Hobbs on Instagram

Reactions: 3 users
Probably nothing to read into, but Jack Ross and Dan Rioli already follow Hobbs on Instagram

Hobbs is a mad Richmond supporter so was probably already following them and they he in return but great that there will be a connection there if he gets to the Tige's.

Reactions: 3 users
Leysy you are big fan. But what position will he play long term?

Reckon he has the talent and traits that he can be molded to play wherever the club who drafts him needs. Forward, ruck or back.

If it was us, we'd develop him as a key forward with only small doses in the middle. He has the anticipation, reading of the flight, leap, skills and ground ball game to be an outstanding key forward in time ILHO. It's also the hardest spot to play, so if you have someone with the talent to play there you generally will.

Somewhere else might need a ruck in time and develop him there. Reckon he'd also make a killer CHB if his club was that way inclined as well.

Probably doesn't answer your question though mate :D

Reactions: 2 users
Reckon the same too.

1 - North - JHF
2 - Collingwood - Daicos
3 - WBD - Darcy
4 - GWS - Andrew
5 - GC - Callaghan
6 - Adelaide - Rachele
7 - Hawthorn - Ward
9 - Richmond - Hobbs

Gibcus to Freo