2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Agree Miller is your long term Astbury / Tarrant replacement, he's not your Rance / Grimes replacement. He's got good pace, agility and as you say a surprisingly good kick. He was always going to be a slow burn due to the way he built into his draft year living so far away from his WAFL team.
Gibcus is the only one in this draft who is that Rance/Grimes type. And that’s why he will go top 10.

Reactions: 1 user
Gibcus is the only one in this draft who is that Rance/Grimes type. And that’s why he will go top 10.
He is exactly the player Gold Cast need and they would be crazy not to have him pencilled in as priority
Gibcus would also be a great needs selection for GWS with the depth they have in the midfield.

Reactions: 1 users
We should start hearing more clubs linked to players over the coming weeks.

Hearing Sydney want pace & class. Sonsie fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Given the depth of midfield talent this year, a haul of Gibcus and then someone like Sonsie would be epic. Get the gun tall and still get a high quality midfield prospect

We should start more clubs linked to players over the coming weeks.

That’s what we need a bit more of.

Just been watching a podcast with Cooper Murley. Very professional kid. At just 178cm 70kg he struggles a bit with size and putting weight on.

Crows interested.

Last edited:
That’s what we need a bit more of.

Just been watching a podcast with Cooper Murley. Very professional kid. At just 178cm 70kg he struggles a bit with size and putting weight on.

Crows interested.
Yep, we need oodles of it. That’s why I want Sonsie at our second pick.

I don’t know enough about Murley, the raw numbers are ok. Is he this years Tom Powell?

Reactions: 2 users
Yep, we need oodles of it. That’s why I want Sonsie at our second pick.

I don’t know enough about Murley, the raw numbers are ok. Is he this years Tom Powell?
Well, helping Tom Powell v any comparison with Murley is that Powell is 184cm.

Size and strength are the questions with Murley. Everything else is pretty good. Quick, well balanced, neat enough. Good vision. You just have to ask yourself can he be a legitimate midfielder at that size at AFL level ? Who knows.

Murley's a little star, I reckon. Butters (listed as 181/71, though surely heavier by now) the comparison in size and style for me.

Reactions: 2 users
He is exactly the player Gold Cast need and they would be crazy not to have him pencilled in as priority
Gibcus would also be a great needs selection for GWS with the depth they have in the midfield.
Yep I agree. GC lack class down back. They are littered with battlers. Good honest players but not ones who win you premierships.
As for GWS they have Taylor and that’s it. But I see the Andrew attraction for them.

We should start hearing more clubs linked to players over the coming weeks.

Their first pick is one after ours. We need to spoil the party and get Sonsie at 15.

Reactions: 5 users
Well, helping Tom Powell v any comparison with Murley is that Powell is 184cm.

Size and strength are the questions with Murley. Everything else is pretty good. Quick, well balanced, neat enough. Good vision. You just have to ask yourself can he be a legitimate midfielder at that size at AFL level ? Who knows.
Lol, I was sure Powell was shorter. I really like Powell as well thats why I flagged him as a comp.

As the Dad on the Auskick ad puts it “ Scoop you had a blinder today”

Murley's a little star, I reckon. Butters (listed as 181/71, though surely heavier by now) the comparison in size and style for me.
Is Murley as tough as Butters ? Butters is as hard a little man as there is in modern footy. Actually he’s one of the hardest in the comp full stop.

Is Murley as tough as Butters ? Butters is as hard a little man as there is in modern footy. Actually he’s one of the hardest in the comp full stop.
Other than when he's flopping for frees like the rest of his teammates, I agree.

Murley's no shrinking violet. Terrific tackler. Wins his own footy.

Other than when he's flopping for frees like the rest of his teammates, I agree.

Murley's no shrinking violet. Terrific tackler. Wins his own footy.
Flopping & Hardness are 2 different things , The best flopper is supposedly one of the hardest players in the game

Ducking & Flopping Joel

The comparisons to Pendlebury are very apt. He looks so balanced and composed. Wouldn't hesitate to take him at 9. After watching a fair bit of the U19s over the last few weeks and reading all of the commentary etc. my preferred selections are:

9. Ward / Johnson / Erasmus / Rachele (I'm not a Hobbs fan....not enough attributes)
17. Amiss / Sonsie / Sinn / JVR (I'm not a Goater fan...disposal too suspect for his role and not enough proven midfield form)
30. Alleer / Bazzo
31. Murley / Knevitt
32. Sheldrick / Taylor / Owens
You don't like McDonald in those 30's picks? IMO he's a lot better than Sheldrick.