2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

We got 5 picks in the draft and it's a midfielders draft I still think best available at 7 and 15 at the time. We need ho add some tall timber this draft earn Bazzo , Dean etc.

Well he Alleer has a bit to do to be true, but he can jump literally like no other, which sets up his marking and his spoiling, and he is absolutely first rate at both. Think Alex Rance and I hesitate but think Peter Knights.
He appears to be hugely teachable, and when you consider he only became a defender during this last season and the progress he has made in that short time it is fair to say he has plenty of improvement left.

If we get Alleer plus Chesser to prepare to join our back 6 and 1 of Ward, Erasmus or Johnson to compliment our midfield plus McDonald and Fejo we will have chosen a group, which has demonstrated the ability plus the level of flare needed to win our next flag.
We have our fare share of very good ordinary players.
Our present group together with the inspiration and yes the spontaneity of the likes of Erasmus, Alleer and Fejo, and possibly Colina also, will have us all patting ourselves on the back! Ha.

Reactions: 1 user
Not keen any tall not named Andrew or Gibcus with our first two picks. I'm not sure I'd want JVR or Bazzo even at 26-28, let alone two of them.

I'm always an advocate for KPFs, I just don't see it with JVR. Would he get a kick on Gibcus? He'd be lucky to take a mark.

It's a mids draft. Draft mids.

100% … KPF is next year ;)

Welcome to Uncle Kamdyn's house!

Kd4p0kh.jpg
Thank you , NO. Just a tad to scary is Unca KMac, might just go n find a nice cosy bridge to sleep under.

• Haha
Heard Roberts interviewed today and he mentioned Richmond and GWS are the 2 clubs not to have interviewed him at all. When he pushed he mentioned Hawks had shown most interest.

Reactions: 4 users
Theres a bit of a pandemic

of mids-fever in here.

which, if we decided the picks, would be untimely,

given our list profile.

Heard Roberts interviewed today and he mentioned Richmond and GWS are the 2 clubs not to have interviewed him at all. When he pushed he mentioned Hawks had shown most interest.

Hardly surprising as IMO looks slow @ junior level, no doubt has skill but that lack of leg speed is not for us.

Reactions: 2 users
I am faaaaar away from being an expert, but I thought with us committing to Nyuon and Cumberland, we can't take any additional rookies.
That leaves 5 spots on the senior list, and if we took Schlensog or whatever his name is, before the draft, we'd then only be able to take 4 picks.
That'd mean the trade for the 20s picks was pointless.
Am I missing something?

Reactions: 1 users
Hardly surprising as IMO looks slow @ junior level, no doubt has skill but that lack of leg speed is not for us.
It would also be ideal if he goes before 26.
Hoping the Hawks or Blues pick him up.
Hey even the cats have form with slow mids, he would fit them well

I am faaaaar away from being an expert, but I thought with us committing to Nyuon and Cumberland, we can't take any additional rookies.
That leaves 5 spots on the senior list, and if we took Schlensog or whatever his name is, before the draft, we'd then only be able to take 4 picks.
That'd mean the trade for the 20s picks was pointless.
Am I missing something?
Trading up for 27 perhaps give us a better hand to trade up again on the night.
But in all probabilities it seems we will use all 5 picks, as we have ignored all dfa such as Schlensog

Trading up for 27 perhaps give us a better hand to trade up again on the night.
But in all probabilities it seems we will use all 5 picks, as we have ignored all dfa such as Schlensog
Yeah, my point is, we can't trade those picks on draft night, unless we have 5 spots going in to the draft. Gotta package them now if we want a DFA or try wait until after the draft.

Yeah, my point is, we can't trade those picks on draft night, unless we have 5 spots going in to the draft. Gotta package them now if we want a DFA or try wait until after the draft.
Pick 19 is the prized pick, I would be using some capital to get hold of it, plenty of good talent still on the board.

I want Sonsie first and have JVR and NWM as my next in line at 17. I got Naughton wrong because he wsn't polished and overlooked all of his major strengths. I see those strengths again in JVR. Even if he ends up Cale Hooker it's a win.
Isn't Naughton a real high flying mark while jvr is said to have little jump.

Reactions: 2 users
When your 5th pick is 28,u realize some serious talent is going to be added to our list.

Reactions: 3 users
Pick 19 is the prized pick, I would be using some capital to get hold of it, plenty of good talent still on the board.
Brisbane's pick 18.
Same approach, flick 27 28 for 18 and a late pick.
I doubt they take it, or Freo either but who knows

Impressive lad. Good head on his shoulders, this stood out for me!

"I've prepared myself for an elite environment and AFL footy, and being part of the Subiaco seniors this year and exposed to that high level of footy has definitely helped me," he said.

"Even at home, if I had to move interstate, I've been taking on more duties like cooking dinner for the family and that. I think I've definitely woken up to what it will look like next year."

Isn't Naughton a real high flying mark while jvr is said to have little jump.

jvr keeps his feet, and doesnt get outmarked.

hes the polarising bloke ill stake my reputation on this year as a boom