2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

our favourite poster in the west Streaker @Streak was all over Schlensog at the mid season draft.
I forget who but someone else watched him later in the season and was left mehpressed

our favourite poster in the west Streaker @Streak was all over Schlensog at the mid season draft.
I forget who but someone else watched him later in the season and was left mehpressed
That would be me:
Yeah, I watched him 3 or 4 times playing for South Freo, totally underwhelmed. Not only did he not do anything he had that Ty Vickery like lack of intensity, just short step jogging around the ground. And when SF played in the granny he was injured but was in the stands on the beers, poor look.
I watched a quarter, Parker looked good. This is the 4th time I’ve watched Schlensog and he’s done nothing every time. Zero intensity.
Watched half of the Sth Freo v West Perth game and Schlensog did nuttin.

Reactions: 1 user
Where was he playing? Looked good in defence, good interceptor.
He was playing down back. By all accounts his form was good early, he kept making the WAFL TOTW, but when I saw him in Aug/Sept I saw nothing that said “AFL quality”. Not saying he isn’t gunna make it but I can only comment on what I’ve seen.

He was playing down back. By all accounts his form was good early, he kept making the WAFL TOTW, but when I saw him in Aug/Sept I saw nothing that said “AFL quality”. Not saying he isn’t gunna make it but I can only comment on what I’ve seen.

Quite good below the knees I thought, good contested mark, he strikes me as a tall utility.

Sounds like Gold Coast either want Callaghan (most probable) or Andrew.

I reckon Gibcus might slide.

My current thoughts:

1 JHF
2 Daicos
3 Darcy
4 (GCS) Callaghan
5 (GWS) Andrew (GCS will do a pick swap in 2022 to benefit GWS I reckon)
6 (Adelaide) Rachele
7 (Hawthorn) Ward
8 (Freo)
9 (Richmond)

Not sure if Freo would take Hobbs. What are peoples thoughts whether Freo would go for Hobbs?

If it got down to here, would we consider trading 28 (30) for their 61 (which would come into 54) to trade into Freos Pick 8 to get Hobbs?

Last edited:
Thats a shocking standard
Thats Richmond central vs Hawthorn Citizens quality
There is a bit of a retirement home feel, Nick Suban looks like he's been shacking up with Relton Roberts.

As for Schlensog, doing the hard stuff well, occasionally letting himself down with poor disposal but it's the marking & contested work that looks promising.

My current thoughts:

1 JHF
2 Daicos
3 Darcy
4 (GCS) Callaghan
6 (Adelaide) Rachele
7 (Hawthorn) Ward
8 (Freo)
9 (Richmond)

Not sure if Freo would take Hobbs. What are peoples thoughts whether Freo would go for Hobbs?

If it got down to here, would we consider trading 28 (30) for their 61 (which would come into 54) to trade into Freos Pick 8 to get Hobbs?
I don't think so, I reckon they will go homegrown from here, throw a blanket over Erasmus, Amiss & Johnson. This is why I reckon we just hold tight & focus on the twenties picks.

Reactions: 2 users

My current thoughts:

1 JHF
2 Daicos
3 Darcy
4 (GCS) Callaghan
6 (Adelaide) Rachele
7 (Hawthorn) Ward
8 (Freo)
9 (Richmond)

If it pans out as you have it i wouldnt think the Dockers would be looking at Hobbs but more outside players or KPF
I remember bell mentioning they would look at the available talent with comparable talent the local kid would be preferred but Rachele was also mentioned along with Amiss so we shall see.

If GWS are to trade #2 i think the Hawks would be in prime position

I don't think so, I reckon they will go homegrown from here, throw a blanket over Erasmus, Amiss & Johnson. This is why I reckon we just hold tight & focus on the twenties picks.
Was thinking the same. They have so many good prospects. I'm hoping the below. Reckon Gibcus will fall to Saints or the Eagles.

8 (Freo) Erasmus
9 (Rich) Hobbs
10 (Freo) Amiss
11 / 12 (Johnson and Gibcus not sure on order)

If it pans out as you have it i wouldnt think the Dockers would be looking at Hobbs but more outside players or KPF
I remember bell mentioning they would look at the available talent with comparable talent the local kid would be preferred but Rachele was also mentioned along with Amiss so we shall see.

If GWS are to trade #2 i think the Hawks would be in prime position

Apparently the Hawks have offered 5 and 21 but I don't think the Giants will want another pick in 2021.

They are aiming for picks at 2 and 13 and Fahey with picks 53 and 54.

The Suns are in a great position to give the Giants picks next year to trade up.

I also think Hobbs would get past Freo if he lasts to there. After Cerra (and with the current border situation) I reckon they would be wary of Victorian kids. They would also be conscious of having two picks before West Coast and wanting to get whoever they think are the best two out of Amiss, Erasmus and Johnson. 10+ years of stick from WA Today will follow if they don’t.

I reckon our chances of Hobbs being available at our pick are around 60-70%.

Reactions: 2 users

My current thoughts:

1 JHF
2 Daicos
3 Darcy
4 (GCS) Callaghan
6 (Adelaide) Rachele
7 (Hawthorn) Ward
8 (Freo)
9 (Richmond)

No chance Freo take Hobbs. They have other needs. They would snap Gibcus up. They will also consider Amiss at their next pick. Spine sorted for the next 10 years.

Reactions: 1 users
Having watched a lot of Prestia as a jnr who you claim as an elite kick and he’s more advanced then him.
Haaarrrgh geez. Wish Prestygiacomo was an elite kick when he's having a ping at goal. Bloody heart in mouth n eyes closed stuff.

I also think Hobbs would get past Freo if he lasts to there. After Cerra (and with the current border situation) I reckon they would be wary of Victorian kids. They would also be conscious of having two picks before West Coast and wanting to get whoever they think are the best two out of Amiss, Erasmus and Johnson. 10+ years of stick from WA Today will follow if they don’t.

I reckon our chances of Hobbs being available at our pick are around 60-70%.

Hoping Adelaide don't take him either (though if they take Ward, then the Hawks will probably take Hobbs).

I think Hobbs either goes to GC, Hawks or the Tiges. I would love to get both Hobbs and MacDonald. With outside mids in Bolton (I know he goes inside) and Dow, and defensive mids in Graham, if we get these 2 and RCD comes along, then we have our engine room for the next 5-10 years, throw in Bakes too. Reckon those 2 would provide some balance to that midfield group, particularly around clearances.

Last edited: