2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

I wouldnt worry too much about us trading the pick

Interesting question Taylor and Goater both available at 15, who do you pick ?

Tough one
Yep, very tough, probably the Goat but I would be working furiously to move those 20s picks up the order.
If the player we want at 7 is gone should we go too Bris(14) or Syd(16) and do some pick swaps which may involve a future pick back our way?
So we can get Taylor plus another at 14/15 or 16?

Haha my 7 year old nephew is neat over 15m… Taylor is elite on both feet, King nowhere near that. There was a reason King chose to handball the majority of the time!
Another person who has watched a 2min video and now thinks their an expert

5 players are rated elite kicks in this draft

Callaghan, Wanganeen-Milera, Johnson, Fahey and Tom Brown. Taylor is not in the same class.

Last edited:
i dont think there is any chance we trade down from pick 7,only if freo want pick 7 and we are happy with pick 8 that 2 players we value equally are still there would we consider trading,maybe our pick 28 for their pick 19 .

Another person who has watched a 2min video and now thinks their an expert
And how do you know I haven’t watched him several times live? Not to mention I played jnr footy with King for several years so may know a smidge about his strengths and weaknesses… But that’s cool, go with your childish comebacks when someone doesn’t agree. Always brings a good laugh!

Reactions: 7 users
Actually think (along with midfielders) small/medium forwards are just about the biggest need on our list ATM.

With D Rioli now a defender - along with Stacky you'd think. The cupboard is pretty bare up front. MJ has a long way to go yet to count on him being an AFL level player.

We saw our forward line really not function all year. Fair bit of that was around lack of class both at the feet of Tom/Jack and other hitup targets.

No issue using early picks for that role at all.

Josh Rachelle is your class small forward so do you want him at 9 Leysy?.

Josh was interviewed this morning on SEN breakfast, called himself a small forward and didn't mention midfield at all. Likes to think of himself as a Toby Green type.
Might be a bit showy said he has introduced a backflip into his goal celebrations, (maybe he is an Akka type ;) ).
Been interviewed by all 18 clubs with 4 double ups, the two clubs he was most impressed with interview wise were GWS & Adelaide.
Poor lad is a Carlton supporter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Josh Rachelle is is your class small forward so do you want him at 9 Leysy?.

Josh was interviewed this morning on SEN breakfast, called himself a small forward and didn't mention midfield at all. Likes to think of himself as a Toby Green type.
Might be a bit showy said he has introduced a backflip into his goal celebrations, (maybe he is an Akka type ;) ).
Been interviewed by all 18 clubs with 4 double ups, the two clubs he was most impressed with interview wise were GWS & Adelaide.

By the sounds we haven't spoken to him. we might think he will go top 5 or 6 or we think he isnt any good.
My source didn't even mention him

Just curious.
Whats your credentials?
Let's not all jump on Kong now.
He has had a minor disagreement with Bully. They will sort it out.
Everyone thinks theyre experts when it comes to drafts.
its an opinion base forum.
You could be right so could Kongy.
Only time will show who knew the kids.

Reactions: 1 users
And how do you know I haven’t watched him several times live? Not to mention I played jnr footy with King for several years so may know a smidge about his strengths and weaknesses… But that’s cool, go with your childish comebacks when someone doesn’t agree. Always brings a good laugh!
I know because u think he is an elite kick. That means you’ve either read it somewhere or picked it up from a 2 minute highlights video.

How many elite kicks are their at Richmond?

Martin and Prestia definitely. Short and Baker u could argue but still a little inconsistent. Flossy maybe.

Thats 5 in a team that’s won 3 Premierships. Yet u think a kid rated a second round prospect in an average draft is an elite kick already?

Last edited:
I know because u think he is an elite kick. That means you’ve either read it somewhere or picked it up from a 2 minute highlights video.

How many elite kicks are their at Richmond?

Martin and Prestia definitely. Short and Baker u could argue but still a little inconsistent. Flossy maybe.

Thats 5 in a team that’s won 3 Premierships. Yet u think a kid rated a second round prospect in an average draft is an elite kick already?
On the contrary I’ve been fortunate enough to watch him play live and he has one of the most silkiest kicks on either side I’ve seen in a jnr. Rarely misses targets and has hurt factor.

Funnily enough I agree with you and think 1st round is a stretch for him due to some limitations but kicking isn’t one of them.
Having watched a lot of Prestia as a jnr who you claim as an elite kick and he’s more advanced then him.

Reactions: 2 users
My wish list if we keep our 5 picks inside 30. Two extractors, the likes of a Hobbs and a Sheldrick dishing it out to a skilful outside player of the likes of a Howe.
JVR and Jack Williams to meet our future key position needs.

Josh Rachelle is is your class small forward so do you want him at 9 Leysy?.

I think Adelaide will take Rachelle at 4 if Callaghan doesnt slide to them.

The GWS & GC picks are very interesting. I can see GWS taking Andrew. But do GC have enough midfield quality to let Callaghan slip?

Reactions: 1 users
Kong gives quality & detailed info on kids. He isnt a story teller.
I agree, I like hearing his input on the kids. It gives us a more balanced view, hearing his opinions as well as everyone else’s.
What I don’t like is his attack on the other posters on this forum.
We are all entitled to our own opinions, and in our own eyes we are all right !

Reactions: 9 users
I think Adelaide will take Rachelle at 4 if Callaghan doesnt slide to them.

The GWS & GC picks are very interesting. I can see GWS taking Andrew. But do GC have enough midfield quality to let Callaghan slip?
Freo to take Rachelle first then Amiss. They need forward half help.

Last edited:
Freo to take Rachelle first then Amiss. THey need forward half help.
Cards are starting fall in a way that one of Hobbs or Ward will be at our pick. I am leaning more towards Hobbs.

I think we should move our focus away from trying to get picks 2, 3 or 4 and look at another pick between 7 & 15. Could net us a Hobbs, Johnson, Sonsie trifecta.

Reactions: 9 users