2020 AFL Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL Draft

I can see us using those first round picks next year for a out of contract player.

Josh Kelly?

Reactions: 2 users
Excellent move that pick trade. 2 first rounders should either get us a good tall or give us the ammunition to trade for one. Wouldn’t be surprised to now see us try to get another pick in the 30’s or 40’s this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Why did we do that?

because we know we ruin clubs in grand finals

and we may have just swapped pick 20 for pick 5

I hope we nab jack callow or Isiah winder in the next round.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
This is Clayton's draft.
No one has a clue who the stand out kids are.
I would've preferred we used pick 17 to bring in a player from another club.

Let's face it, any kid we take tonight is going to to be waiting a long time for a chance. Why draft a kid now who is likely to want to leave in 3 years for more opportunity?

Also need to remember that this is a difficult year to draft in because of Covid. We have done well to keep our powder dry I reckon.

Reactions: 10 users
Lol at Kingy commentating on footage of players he has never seen before.

what a goose

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
As if we needed another reason to want them to lose.

perfect - yes let the cats follow on from the crows and GWS precedent.

this is a win win for us - worst case it is a similar level pick next year (mid late teens) that we gave up this year - surely that is worth more

or

cats crash and we get a top 10 ish pick.

Reactions: 1 users
Wonder if we're saving spots for the mid season draft.

Could be a bumper crop once the players who missed 2020 and miss this draft get to run around.

Reactions: 3 users
Am I right that we only have 32 on our main list and need 36?

Do we only take 2 picks and then promote 2 rookies (maybe Pickett and Aarts?) or do we still take 3 picks?