2020 AFL Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 AFL Draft

we've got saints 2nd rounder next year too havnt we?

so currently we look like well have 2021 pick 8 (Geel), pick 18 , pick 26 (St.K), pick 36

good hand coming off a 3 peat.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
We shouldve given pick 17 to Collingwood and grabbed their 2021 first rounder.
They will finish lower then Geelong

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
So Pies are stoked with McInnes yet out of 5 stats Fox just showed, he's below average in 4 of them!

• Haha
Cat‘s take a player who plays like Gary Rohan...their learned supporters wont be happy!

Reactions: 1 users
we've got saints 2nd rounder next year too havnt we?

so currently we look like well have 2021 pick 8 (Geel), pick 18 , pick 26 (St.K), pick 36

good hand coming off a 3 peat.

Love it. Put a free agent as a cherry on top and reckon the other clubs would secede from the league.

What the *smile* is going on? The first round is gonna take 3 hours.

With the Vic kids missing their prime development year this year I'm thinking it's a smart move from us. Most of these kids will need an extra year of playing development next year n it's unlikely they'd be pushing for any senior games next year.
We've still got our premiership 22 intact, plus a bunch of youngsters like Rossy, Stacka, R2D2, Naishy, Cholly, Soldo, Dow, Cujo n a few others that are fringing seniors or developing who will be demanding opportunities next year.
We get MoJo n perhaps one other speculative kid with a late pick or keep a space available for a mid year option if needed and set ourselves up for a massive lash at next years trade n draft where a lot of the kids who miss out because of this years covid restrictions will fatten up next years draft.

Now just gotta hope someone forgets to charge the batteries on the Geelol pensioners gopher carts next year n they have a massive brain fart year, might nearly sneak in around the top ten pick with some luck.

Reactions: 2 users
Smart list management I reckon - no glaring holes right now with good depth lining up for a run so we just banked our pick.

What a luxury

I think we are going to draft a late bloomer mature aged WAFL player late in this draft or rookie.

We have been closely monitoring a number of such players this year.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Glad we didn’t get the brother of Crumples Macrae.
On the other hand, I'm pretty chuffed my nickname has caught on.

Spewing we couldn't get Collingwood's 2021 R1 pick, but to have two is a good spot to be in for a club with $ to spend.

this bidding points system is ludicrous. Collingwood bid and don't lose their very next pick. Its literally like the old joke we used to have on puntraodend in the bad old days when we used to joke about parcelling up 10 duds for 1 good player

Gws has just ripped Collingwood.
Pick most likely between 5-12 for pick 24.
We should've traded with Collingwood

Watched 90 minutes of this snore fest to see who the Tigers pick only for them to trade it out. No more snore fest for me, I'm off to watch Gone with the Wind.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know what our next pick is? Thinking of putting on Lord of the Rings.

• Haha
We're just spoilt now I reckon.

We've forgotten what it's like for your season to be dead in August and hang out to see what gun kid is coming to save you next year.

There was a time when we would have loved 5 minutes discussion on our number 4 pick. Now we don't get interested until preliminary final week. ;);)
Too true, but as we know, the good times do not last forever. Making the most of them now tho. :D

this bidding points system is ludicrous. Collingwood bid and don't lose their very next pick. Its literally like the old joke we used to have on puntraodend in the bad old days when we used to joke about parcelling up 10 duds for 1 good player

They did lose that, they traded back into the draft after the bid was matched.