1st Final, where & when? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1st Final, where & when?

Leysy Days said:
Reckon he'll have his name engraved front and centre of the long room within 12 months.
It will need wheelchair access. At the rate the line is moving I'll be 87 before I finally get a membership

Current wait is over 40 years, i've voted in favour of the new membership category. Some members forced a postal vote because they felt all members should have a say, not just the few hundred who attended the midweek 630 pm AGM.

joegarra said:
Current wait is over 40 years, i've voted in favour of the new membership category. Some members forced a postal vote because they felt all members should have a say, not just the few hundred who attended the midweek 630 pm AGM.
good man. It seems a pretty reasonable proposal.

add to the chorus of "Ticketek are crap" - selected Level N (Single Seats Only), but then it said I couldn't get seats in that amount. Which was 1. Go figure.

Opted then for ground level - bit too close for my usual liking but happy I'm there!

M18 Row C (AFL Members)

Go Tiges!

Same for me I had to book 12 in the AFL reserve! None available in that quantity M,N or P at 9:05. Still none after reducing the number to 6. I had to settle for Q, nose bleed section. I'll need to bring my monocle.

Kaelan said:
Am in M15 row S what sort of view above ground level does that provide ?
Very good. You'll be around 3-4 metres above ground level. It may be tough to judge distance at that height but you'll get a similar perspective to the players. If taking little ones, take a cushion or wear a big coat that you can fold over for them to sit on as a tall fellow in front will certainly block the view.

Unfortunately, if it rains you'll get wet as your tix are in the open. The undercover tix on M level in great southern start at row Y - Google 'MCG undercover, and choose first link and scroll to the bottom to see all undercover seats at the G. So make sure you take a towel and poncho if it's going to rain.

I am taking kids and bought tix on level 4 to guarantee I was undercover - not that I care, but they will. Sounds like passing showers rather than rain though is forecast.

Have a great day

Hey guys, so excited for my first final since 1995! Does anyone know where the cheer sqaud will be sitting? I want to be where it's loudest!!!

Any word on how ticket sales are going? Doesn't sound like its gonna top the Carlton final from 2 years ago

dusypuntroad said:
Hey guys, so excited for my first final since 1995! Does anyone know where the cheer sqaud will be sitting? I want to be where it's loudest!!!

Punt Road End.

I got level 2 tix Great Southern Stand. Somewhere between the 50 and the goals. pretty happy.
it was actually the 3rd seat i got offered. the 1st 2 werent to my liking. ground level, but too low.
by the sounds of the experience of others i was lucky i could be so fussy.

Nice to read that cattle tick, erm I mean tickatic or whatever have a special facility where scalpers with extra / borrowed memberships who have snaffled blocks of tickets early can then on scalp them for a commission through ticknscalp at legally inflated prices. Phhht, just a joke genuine for fans n members trying to get a bloody finals ticket.

Looking like Sunday will be another massive day for Tigers fans, huge crowd n a whiff of desperation about. Reckon if Norf get a jump on us early there'll be a whiff of terror. Lets hope there's just an ongoing tiger roar that builds qtr by qtr as we cull n obliterate a few roos.

Just read someone claim on facebook that 80000 tix have been sold as of this morning. Don't know if that's accurate or not...does anyone know if standing room tix will go on sale? Got a mate who wants a cheapie ticket

Interestingly you can pay thousands of $ in membership for years so you can be part of a certain seating area , yet somebody can grab a 3 game membership and obtain better seats purely by the luck of a computer system, doesn't seem fair to me, can't see why certain membership categories don't get the first 10 minutes in. The category 1 if they want them, long time members I personally believe deserve to be part of an early buying too, plus why should a person who is not a member be able to get a ticket because his mates a member at the same time as full paid members.