1st Final, where & when? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1st Final, where & when?

CC TIGER said:
Interestingly you can pay thousands of $ in membership for years so you can be part of a certain seating area , yet somebody can grab a 3 game membership and obtain better seats purely by the luck of a computer system, doesn't seem fair to me, can't see why certain membership categories don't get the first 10 minutes in. The category 1 if they want them, long time members I personally believe deserve to be part of an early buying too, plus why should a person who is not a member be able to get a ticket because his mates a member at the same time as full paid members.

Why can't members with reserved seats during the season get first go at booking their own seats???

Valid point CC. When Melbourne Victory play in finals, we are only allowed to buy tix for seats in the area we sit in during the home and away season during the first sales period. Then you get the chance to upgrade/downgrade in the second period.

joegarra said:
Why can't members with reserved seats during the season get first go at booking their own seats???

I asked the club the very same thing. Post the home and away season ticketing is taken away from the clubs and it's the afl and the respective ticket agencies.

Something that can be improved for the future for sure.

Ian4 said:
Valid point CC. When Melbourne Victory play in finals, we are only allowed to buy tix for seats in the area we sit in during the home and away season during the first sales period. Then you get the chance to upgrade/downgrade in the second period.
Great idea....I don't believe it's elitist or anything like that, it's just what the people who fund the club deserve , plus there's no way anyone will miss out on getting to the game, it's just a fair way to do it.

I liken it to those pricks who come up the emergency lane an then cut everyone off who's doing the right thing

Because the quick cash is in milking the fairweather supporters, as the members will likely pay whatever to sit wherever if they have to.

7ish thousand public tickers available

Monster crowd - 22 deg spring day. Will feel like 2013 all over again. The noise Weill again be special.

Now to sample what it would sound like at the end of the game when we are in front.

CC TIGER said:
Interestingly you can pay thousands of $ in membership for years so you can be part of a certain seating area , yet somebody can grab a 3 game membership and obtain better seats purely by the luck of a computer system, doesn't seem fair to me, can't see why certain membership categories don't get the first 10 minutes in. The category 1 if they want them, long time members I personally believe deserve to be part of an early buying too, plus why should a person who is not a member be able to get a ticket because his mates a member at the same time as full paid members.
I was big on this in the AFL member survey. Gave it to them about priority/reward system.

sausage_meat69 said:
Same for me I had to book 12 in the AFL reserve! None available in that quantity M,N or P at 9:05. Still none after reducing the number to 6. I had to settle for Q, nose bleed section. I'll need to bring my monocle.
Yeah this is a real problem. I had great seats all year in 2013 in the AFL members only to be completely screwed over come the Carlton final. 2nd row from back in the top deck.
I had to buy 8 tix on Tuesday and told the people who I was buying for, that if the tickets were crap I would divide the amount and go in twice to buy 4 at a time.
Ended up being ok this year due to the opposition in North - all seats ground level, centre wing, M20. Really happy.

Tiger Pops said:
7ish thousand public tickers available

Monster crowd - 22 deg spring day. Will feel like 2013 all over again. The noise Weill again be special.

Now to sample what it would sound like at the end of the game when we are in front.
Hopefully the result is different from 2013.

Tiger Pops said:
I asked the club the very same thing. Post the home and away season ticketing is taken away from the clubs and it's the afl and the respective ticket agencies.

Something that can be improved for the future for sure.

We'd have to outnumber the shinboners wouldn't we...

I just managed to get tickets on level one and have 2 spare if someone wants 2 tickets you can have them at my cost.

Category: Category 1

Section: M54-1

Row: BB

Seat/s: 16-15

tigertime2 said:
I just managed to get tickets on level one and have 2 spare if someone wants 2 tickets you can have them at my cost.

Category: Category 1

Section: M54-1

Row: BB

Seat/s: 16-15
Good to see there are some other tiger fans around me.

CC TIGER said:

Excellent point raised CC.

Is RFC Official around?

This should be raised as a priority at the club.

Ian4 said:
Just read someone claim on facebook that 80000 tix have been sold as of this morning. Don't know if that's accurate or not...does anyone know if standing room tix will go on sale? Got a mate who wants a cheapie ticket
I got 2 standing room tickets on Monday with my membership, Olympic stand. When I checked for more tickets in Tuesday there were no more standing tickets left available.

AFL 360 on Foxtel put up a "rolling message" at the bottom of the screen saying there were around 7,500 tickets remaining for our game. Not sure that includes AFL & MCC members but looks like we'll get 80,000+ easily.

Go Tiges!!!

CC TIGER said:

There are 5 of us each spending over $1000 a year, but try getting 5 seats together!!!

I was queued before 9am Monday morning and could only get top deck.

It makes you wonder why you bother spending the extra.

The only reason we haven't gone to an AFL membership is to help the club but when this happens you have to question the wisdom!

JR8 said:
Excellent point raised CC.

Is RFC Official around?

This should be raised as a priority at the club.
Thanks Jack, I would guess RFC have nothing to do with it, all AFL money making

*smile*el said:
There are 5 of us each spending over $1000 a year, but try getting 5 seats together!!!

I was queued before 9am Monday morning and could only get top deck.

It makes you wonder why you bother spending the extra.

The only reason we haven't gone to an AFL membership is to help the club but when this happens you have to question the wisdom!

I also am miffed. Tried to get 5 tickets in Cat 1 at 9am on the button and wasn't able to. Very frustrating.

Tigers of Old said:
I also am miffed. Tried to get 5 tickets in Cat 1 at 9am on the button and wasn't able to. Very frustrating.
I notice there's a few packages with Cat 1 tickets , so I'd say our bays went there