19,040 ! Richmond’s biggest disgrace for 30 years! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

19,040 ! Richmond’s biggest disgrace for 30 years!

And in breaking news, reports just in that people prefer watching their team win.

Here's Jane Bunn with the weather

images.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
So,

We've swapped slots with Carlton. They are winning. We are not.
Kid's sport.
Work.
Televised. free.
Sunday.
Late time slot.
Talent pool spread too widely/no name players.
Cost of living.
They made the Dusty game a ticketed event.
Predicted rain all day.
No Tommy. No Dusty. Who is our drawcard? Please don't say Hollywood...
Mass exodus from the club. (Way too quickly)
Traveling on the train is now quite unsafe.
And I won't mention the rule changes and moral guardians at Headquarters.
Do I really have to continue.?
Channel 7 commentary, more than enough to get me to any game

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
People can give any reason they like but if we were sitting in the 8, the crowd would have been 30 to 40000.
It’s the last time we will see 100000 members for a few years that is for sure.
People don't have to give reasons. The attend or they don't and which of those they do has no reflection on what kind of supporter they are. It's not a pissing contest. The member who's lucky enough to live nearby and don't have enough of a life to do anything else with their weekend is not a bigger or better supporter than the one who has kids playing junior sport at the same time or the one who has a christening to attend or the one who lives in Europe but buys their membership anyway or the one who has a busy week at work coming up and could use the early night or the one who just thinks it's too bloody cold. Don't define yourself by your attendance to a football match

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
not quite needing to shake the cans yet.(I was there)

That must be an old picture because I was watching 7 News earlier and remarked 'This sheila's built like a fridge!' Much prefer the Channel 9 bird.
Haha, was thinking the same thing. These days the guts has caught up with the rest.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Took our eldest grandson for his first game of footy on Sunday, was possibly the coldest I’ve been at the football for a very long time. He loved it though, but would have loved it more if Dusty had played.

• Love
People don't have to give reasons. The attend or they don't and which of those they do has no reflection on what kind of supporter they are. It's not a pissing contest. The member who's lucky enough to live nearby and don't have enough of a life to do anything else with their weekend is not a bigger or better supporter than the one who has kids playing junior sport at the same time or the one who has a christening to attend or the one who lives in Europe but buys their membership anyway or the one who has a busy week at work coming up and could use the early night or the one who just thinks it's too bloody cold. Don't define yourself by your attendance to a football match
As long as you don’t define someone who goes to the footy as not having a life,,,,,,be better , this is a football forum

Yes, that was the worst day of my life. Sitting there listening to that Collingwood chant along with USA...and in amongst a lot of Pies supporters. Just awful, especially after an excellent season following our 2017 flag which is so hard to do.
I was at Phillip Island for the night that night. Was on my way to Wonthaggi to pay my respects at my (Collingwood supporting) Dad's final resting place.
I can imagine him looking down on the Saturday laughing at me.
As for this weekend, and every weekend in July, we have birthday parties for family. Sunday games are therefore a non-event for me, every July.

People trying to defend themselves by saying they have been members for 20-30 years is a solid argument.

What people are not saying is the fixture. We have played a lot of Sunday games. I hate Sundays almost as much as Thursdays.

I just went through the fixture and realised I have been to 8 games this year (including last Sunday), which was a real big surprise. Feels like I have only been to 4 or 5…

I am definitely going to R24 against the Gold Coast. I’m 50/50 on St Kilda. I wanna see the upgraded Marvel, but my membership dictates that I need to pay $28 to upgrade to a reserve seat. I’m leaning towards not going.

I was there week in week out through the crap times. But this year does feel a lot harder to get motivated. Probably because we are in full tank mode and I am yet to see a win.

Can’t wait for this season to end.

So I went and looked at our fixture again.

Right column is a tick for family friendly timeslot and cross if not.
If not family friendly but adult friendly put a circle in the left column.

Absolute disaster of a fixture for anyone with young kids or long distances to travel to get home for the next day's activity. Pretty amazing we have the membership and attendance numbers we do. Just got absolutely screwed with this fixture.

(edit) I messed up on a couple of away games - should have just done the Vic games

1721257116517.png

Last edited:
Sundays are terrible day for football.
I like hitting the beers and getting off my face to the point i vomit.
So hard to go into work on Monday with a hangover and smelling like a mixture of alcohol and hotdog spew.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users