19,040 ! Richmond’s biggest disgrace for 30 years! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

19,040 ! Richmond’s biggest disgrace for 30 years!

Not too surprised, lumped in the graveyard slot yet again on a bitterly cold day. Thought about giving it a swerve myself, but glad I went given they gave it a good crack.

The drop-off is disappointing, but not surprising. That's what you get in a league system when you have dead rubber fixtures for months on end with nothing riding on them.

Reactions: 5 users
Interesting.
I chose to notice two very creative long handballs to advantage. He's still going one handed, but some at the club must be seeing potential.
Ruckmen grow about as quickly as oak trees. Do you remember watching Maxy when he first started? It clicks after a number of years.

Personally, I prefer to recruit the established Nank types who sit behind higher profile rucks.
That pass was fantastic too. To Baker? Lowered eyes and perfect delivery

Reactions: 1 users
So,

We've swapped slots with Carlton. They are winning. We are not.
Kid's sport.
Work.
Televised. free.
Sunday.
Late time slot.
Talent pool spread too widely/no name players.
Cost of living.
They made the Dusty game a ticketed event.
Predicted rain all day.
No Tommy. No Dusty. Who is our drawcard? Please don't say Hollywood...
Mass exodus from the club. (Way too quickly)
Traveling on the train is now quite unsafe.
And I won't mention the rule changes and moral guardians at Headquarters.
Do I really have to continue.?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I think Mike Brady summed it up..

Well, you work to earn a living
But on weekends comes the time
You can do what ever turns you on
Get out and clear your mind
Me, I like football
And there's a lot of things around
But when you line 'em up together
The footy wins hands down

Unfortunately, the last line isn't ringing true anymore for Richmond supporters on a Sunday afternoon.
This song was written when pretty much every game was Sat 2pm.

I sat through a bazilliion *smile* performances in the 90s and 00s and ealy 10s but I was one of those who didn't go sunday. my daughter was sick, my son just started a job that finished at 2pm and i picked him up and i had a basketball game at 7pm. probably would have worked out some way to squeeze it in a while ago but sunday wasn't it.
Maybe in the 80s, yes. But not now anymore. The heart of the game is torn to pieces with these rule changes etc...

I was only a kid/teen back in the 80s and still enjoyed going to a non-Richmond game anywhere......even Arctic Park.

Reactions: 6 users
Maybe in the 80s, yes. But not now anymore. The heart of the game is torn to pieces with these rule changes etc...

I was only a kid/teen back in the 80s and still enjoyed going to a non-Richmond game anywhere......even Arctic Park.
Arctic Park and Moorabbin, I hated those grounds. Still went there whenever we played.
Like I said, I’m a glutton for punishment.

Reactions: 1 users
Just for the record, Carlton had smaller crowds than this twice at home towards the end of the season in 2018 when they finished on the bottom of the ladder. Essendon had a smaller crowd at home in 2016 when the finished last. And Pies had a smaller crowd in 2021 in Rd 16 against Saints when they were 2nd bottom. And only Pies was a 3:20pm Sunday game.

So let's not get too precious shall we.

Reactions: 13 users
If you decided to stay home today because we’re not traveling that well, or it’s cold or any other lame excuse, hang your head in shame ! What this amazing club have given us over the last 7 years and they turn up to the MCG with the most disgraceful crowd in memory! Shame !!!!!
Get stuffed. I don't owe the RFC anything. They had my cash anyway and I pay for the right to decide on the day whether to put my bum in the seat I pay for. They don't care so long as they have my cash anyway. If you think your "membership" makes you part of some kind of club, you're deluded. They don't even give us the courtesy of voting in board members. They just quietly fill vacancies without out input. So no, I won't hang my head in shame.

Reactions: 8 users
Ah, the obligatory “I went to a game where the attendance was low so I’m a good supporter and if you didn’t come you’re not a good supporter!” post. Uplifting.

So if I go to a game that the OP doesn’t go to should I point the finger at them?

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
When you're a lowly team with kids (Adelaide too), it happens.

1721053326454.png

Reactions: 1 user
People can give any reason they like but if we were sitting in the 8, the crowd would have been 30 to 40000.
It’s the last time we will see 100000 members for a few years that is for sure.

One other factor is the ticketing. I logged in to the moronic Ticketek site maybe 20 times to try and get a seat I like (Roaming Tiger, so reserved bay membership). Eventually managed to get Row P (I like to sit close to the fence).

Anyway, I thought I would have another look at the tickets which were being offered the night before, I could have got Row J just before the game. These seats were apparently "unavailable" all the times I logged in earlier. In fact, the rows around J were half empty in M2 which would be because we couldn't get them until someone had bought the tickets behind.

That shitshow of a ticketing site is not helping matters.

DS

Reactions: 8 users
One other factor is the ticketing. I logged in to the moronic Ticketek site maybe 20 times to try and get a seat I like (Roaming Tiger, so reserved bay membership). Eventually managed to get Row P (I like to sit close to the fence).

Anyway, I thought I would have another look at the tickets which were being offered the night before, I could have got Row J just before the game. These seats were apparently "unavailable" all the times I logged in earlier. In fact, the rows around J were half empty in M2 which would be because we couldn't get them until someone had bought the tickets behind.

That shitshow of a ticketing site is not helping matters.

DS
Just turn up and sit where you want to is my go vs interstate.

Ticketek needs some accc regulation to stop this bs.

I was in Germany for Euro 2024 and now I'm still in Europe until August, is that ok?

I went on Sunday but won't be going to the games at Marvel even though I have tickets, is that ok?

If you decided to stay home today because we’re not traveling that well, or it’s cold or any other lame excuse, hang your head in shame ! What this amazing club have given us over the last 7 years and they turn up to the MCG with the most disgraceful crowd in memory! Shame !!!!!
would not have been the case if Cumbo was playing.