19,040 ! Richmond’s biggest disgrace for 30 years! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

19,040 ! Richmond’s biggest disgrace for 30 years!

With people owning big screen TVs in super-dee-duper HD, every game shown live, the weather bitterly cold and the cost of everything completely out of control, I don't think this will be the only low attendance we'll see across the board this winter.

Reactions: 8 users
In New York for work.
Member since 1975. Avidly went from 1975 to 2015 then personal circumstances changed completely. Still a member though.

RT you have no idea about people's circumstances. BTF off.

Reactions: 1 user
There are reasons why people can't go and that's fair enough.

It was a disappointing crowd and it means that when we get labelled bandwagoners then we have no answer, it was the lowest Richmond MCG crowd for 20 years. That's not a judgement of anyone on here and your circumstances, I'm just disappointed more Tiger supporters weren't there yesterday.

Whilst it was a frustrating watch the team effort was terrific.

Reactions: 4 users
If you decided to stay home today because we’re not traveling that well, or it’s cold or any other lame excuse, hang your head in shame ! What this amazing club have given us over the last 7 years and they turn up to the MCG with the most disgraceful crowd in memory! Shame !!!!!

Chill out bro

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
The AFL has engineered this with their ridiculous and onerous fixture. They have provided the Tigers with possibly the shittiest fixture I have ever seen in my lifetime.
Late Sunday afternoon = very few parents willing to take kids at this time.
Playing a team with SFA membership base.
Coldest winter (so far) in about 30 years.
Our team has had a year from hell with injuries so we have little to play for except #1 pick.

Reactions: 11 users
I bought a Sydney swans membership and a red and white hummer.

• Love
I’ve said it many times before, was only a matter of time before it started affecting attendances. A lot of my Richmond supporting friends have stopped going due to the blatant bias against us with umpiring.

Reactions: 11 users
Bit of a wakeup call for the club itself to football department and board get things right.

Reactions: 2 users
I think Mike Brady summed it up..

Well, you work to earn a living
But on weekends comes the time
You can do what ever turns you on
Get out and clear your mind
Me, I like football
And there's a lot of things around
But when you line 'em up together
The footy wins hands down

Unfortunately, the last line isn't ringing true anymore for Richmond supporters on a Sunday afternoon.
This song was written when pretty much every game was Sat 2pm.

I sat through a bazilliion *smile* performances in the 90s and 00s and ealy 10s but I was one of those who didn't go sunday. my daughter was sick, my son just started a job that finished at 2pm and i picked him up and i had a basketball game at 7pm. probably would have worked out some way to squeeze it in a while ago but sunday wasn't it.

I was there - every game in Melbourne plus 1-2 interstate finances permitting. And today’s reward was seeing Samson Ryan - can’t play AFL again until he can be competitive, know where to run to (in the ruck or in the forward line) and can take overhead marks - contested and uncontested. No excuses - he is sub-standard & probably always will be.
So why the hell did we sign him for three years !

I’ve said it many times before, was only a matter of time before it started affecting attendances. A lot of my Richmond supporting friends have stopped going due to the blatant bias against us with umpiring.
Yep. So many emails regarding this sent to the club saying that people will stop attending if something isn't done about the umpiring bias. Now it's happening. #fairgo

Reactions: 1 users
I think Mike Brady summed it up..

Well, you work to earn a living
But on weekends comes the time
You can do what ever turns you on
Get out and clear your mind
Me, I like football
And there's a lot of things around
But when you line 'em up together
The footy wins hands down

Unfortunately, the last line isn't ringing true anymore for Richmond supporters on a Sunday afternoon.
This song was written when pretty much every game was Sat 2pm.

I sat through a bazilliion *smile* performances in the 90s and 00s and ealy 10s but I was one of those who didn't go sunday. my daughter was sick, my son just started a job that finished at 2pm and i picked him up and i had a basketball game at 7pm. probably would have worked out some way to squeeze it in a while ago but sunday wasn't it.
You don't need to justify anything to anyone RE. What do people expect? This is the absolute death slot of weekend footy. Freezing cold in the middle of winter against a team with no supporters. Plus a Richmond team heading for its worst season result in, I believe, over 60 years. Routinely getting smashed by 8-10 goals most weeks.

I absolutely hate that time slot. Getting home at 7pm and trying to psyche yourself up for the work week ahead. It's putrid. I went to the game but can understand why people wouldn't. Plenty of reasons not to.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
You don't need to justify anything to anyone RE. What do people expect? This is the absolute death slot of weekend footy. Freezing cold in the middle of winter against a team with no supporters. Plus a Richmond team heading for its worst season result in, I believe, over 60 years. Routinely getting smashed by 8-10 goals most weeks.

I absolutely hate that time slot. Getting home at 7pm and trying to psyche yourself up for the work week ahead. It's putrid. I went to the game but can understand why people wouldn't. Plenty of reasons not to.
Worst thing is I’m pretty sure Meehan was sitting on our bench late game in my basketball match and pending Physio advise pretty sure I have a grade 2 or 3 mcl. My knee is *smile*.

• Sad
It was freezing cold, walked home in the dark even though it was still early, were never going to win, only motivated to go because of the great U18 game and our seconds win. Do not have to be a massochist to be a good supporter.

I wished Yze mentioned the fixturing in his presser but I guess once you out City Hall on fixturing you get fixed.