Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Reckon Ross will come in for Hugo.

And Lynch for Nank/Soldo you'd think. Surely with Lynch, Jack and Balta playing we end the two ruck farce.
Nice one LD. Now give us a winner today.

Reactions: 1 user
Going up against a blue chip midfield. Wouldn't you just love to see him tear it up?
Would be sweet, but at this stage I'll be content if he simply manages an honest n reasonable game. There's plenty of established players well ahead of him on the pecking order that need to provide us some decent tearing up factor.

Hardwick is certainly not frightened to play the kids - it may cost us finals this year but he obviously believes it’s the right course of action.

First year players in Gibs, Clarke and Sonsie together with MJ, Hugo, Ross, Millar and Dow all getting plenty of exposure, add Mansell last year.

Reactions: 2 users
Hardwick is certainly not frightened to play the kids - it may cost us finals this year but he obviously believes it’s the right course of action.

First year players in Gibs, Clarke and Sonsie together with MJ, Hugo, Ross, Millar and Dow all getting plenty of exposure, add Mansell last year.
This will put us in good stead we found a few.

Cliche but ……

How did he get to a pick in the late 20s?

Pure midfielder, will be a very good player for us.

Reactions: 3 users
Cliche but ……

Lacks a yard is my only knock. Tank will come. Cool, rarely wastes it. Has the ability to pull off outrageous disposals.

Those of us watching vfl saw it early and often. Already our best midfielder u23.
I'm a fan and I'm rapt with him, but that's a stretch. Pushed off the ball easily and reluctant to put his body in at times. I don't have any problem with that at all for the stage he is at, but just putting your 'best mid' call into prespective.

Cliche but ……

I think it was attitude. Was touted top 10 before covid. Apparently didn’t apply himself during the interruptions. I couldn’t find the actual article but this is a good read. Sonsie

Have to say the recruitment we just had is probably as good as i can remember. Believe every single one that was picked can be a very good AFL footballer. Sonsie will be elite. Doesnt have to do the hard things. Just needs the ball. His decision making at his age is elite.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a fan and I'm rapt with him, but that's a stretch. Pushed off the ball easily and reluctant to put his body in at times. I don't have any problem with that at all for the stage he is at, but just putting your 'best mid' call into prespective.
It’s not like he has a lot of competition for our best mid under 23.
I agree with both your statements though, but he’s 19. Hopefully it will come.

Can’t wait to see what this kid can do with a full preseason under his belt.

Reactions: 4 users