Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

34 possessions 7 tackles & a goal in a losing side.
Watched much of the game & he just looks like an AFL player.
One touch, good decision maker, good disposal & hard at it.
Can't wait to see how he transitions to the higher level.

Sheet says 10 clearances too

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
OMG. We have a winner here. Makes VFL look like tge amatueurs as an 18 year old. Let's not forget his performance in the VFL last year as an under 18. Reckon the jump.to AFL is the challenge he needs.

Get him in

Reactions: 4 users
The fact we are pinning our hopes on a first year player just magnifies our issue. Club dropped the ball in regards to midfield stock. Think they had high hopes in RCD, Ross and Dow. While Dow looks like he will be a player the other 2 seem to be flops.

Reactions: 3 users
Not only did he get a stack of the ball, he was so much cleaner yesterday in difficult conditions. The only question about him right now would be whether he could have kept up when the rest of the seniors team ran out of legs, given he's had a more limited preparation.

• Love
Not only did he get a stack of the ball, he was so much cleaner yesterday in difficult conditions. The only question about him right now would be whether he could have kept up when the rest of the seniors team ran out of legs, given he's had a more limited preparation.
He may not have. The question is how much worse would he have been than those there?
What he's delivering is actually amazing given his limited preparation. The kid could barely walk just before Christmas.
It's exciting.

I'm on Sonsie watch as I think he has AFL midfielder written all over him. Just needs to build some extra strength and running capability before he can impact for a whole game at AFL level. They could play him now, but the reality is he'll only play in patches and run out of gas at AFL level.

But he's a smooth mover and the most naturally dual sided player we've had since Leon Cameron.

Reactions: 5 users
Like to see him come in now and play half forward , with spurts in the middle .

Would like to see Bolton used more through the middle and Baker back to half back , in saying that we are screaming out for somebody to kick crumbing goals as the ball is certainly hitting the deck a lot down there, I think Sonsie can play this role as he’s tank builds .

Reactions: 3 users
OMG. We have a winner here. Makes VFL look like tge amatueurs as an 18 year old. Let's not forget his performance in the VFL last year as an under 18. Reckon the jump.to AFL is the challenge he needs.

Get him in
Sonz is 19yo DOB 27/1/2003
Hes too good for VFL level get him in ASAP

34 possessions 7 tackles & a goal in a losing side.
Watched much of the game & he just looks like an AFL player.
One touch, good decision maker, good disposal & hard at it.
Can't wait to see how he transitions to the higher level.

It's not just that, he did this in mostly wet & rainy conditions, requires a higher level of fitness.

He's ready.

Reactions: 1 users
Like to see him come in now and play half forward , with spurts in the middle .

Would like to see Bolton used more through the middle and Baker back to half back , in saying that we are screaming out for somebody to kick crumbing goals as the ball is certainly hitting the deck a lot down there, I think Sonsie can play this role as he’s tank builds .

We probably need a forward to do that (although the sonz has shown he can crumb the footy). Whoever we select needs to be a small that stays close to our talls, the 3 we play at the moment (George, Bakes and Parker) are playing a lot higher up the ground and then aren't there when the ball hits the deck.

Reactions: 1 user
Normally when the club starts putting out highlights this early in the week for a kid who hasn’t played yet it’s odds on he makes his debut the upcoming weekend.

Reactions: 13 users
Still learning but he seems to have all the goods and works his socks off so based on our current available mids he would seem an upgrade

Reactions: 1 user
Was he BOG in his VFL game last year? BOG against Sandringham. If so that's 2 BOGs from 3 VFL games

Reactions: 2 users
This kid is a ray of sunshine in an otherwise bleak weekend.

Very excited by a genuine classy mid who can get it and distribute accurately.

I would be very shocked if he doesn't debut this week. Hopefully not as a sub.

In his 3 VFL games, 2 from this year and 1 from last year, he is averaging 26 touches, 4 tackles and over 1 goal per game.

Reactions: 1 users