Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

Who said he was BOG in those 2 games?

He played well but not sure he was BOG. Certainly wasn't in the game yesterday

Windhager and Owens looked equally as good and were harder at the contest. Brown would want to be a gun because both those guys can play and we had the option to draft them at 17.

He was certainly best for us. Alot better than RCD and Martyn who should have thrived in the conditions

Reactions: 1 user
Would Dimma be prepared to drop FAarts and replace him with the Sonz? :unsure:

I think play him on a forward flank with the odd stint in the midfield.

Reactions: 2 users
if he is picked, this will be a wonderful thing, we are actually getting games into our young ones. Plus I believe he doesn't need to play alot of time, his touches are winners and his ability to get the ball is super. if not this week, next week if he plays well.

Is it possible that, at last, the game's most farcically farcical farce is about to end?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Steve Morris said in the VFL report that they were looking to round out Sonsie's defensive game & he's done that over the past couple of weeks.
I can't see how they don't pick the kid.

Reactions: 5 users
Sonsie wont play seniors until he learns to compete at contests
You've mentioned Sonsie's lack of contested ball a few timed now. I saw the last game and I honestly don't know if you were watching the same game or mistook someone else for Sonsie.

You don't get 34 disposals playing midfield without a good bout of contested ball. Even the VFL report said "Had huge clearance and contested ball numbers. "

Sonsie was immense.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
You've mentioned Sonsie's lack of contested ball a few timed now. I saw the last game and I honestly don't know if you were watching the same game or mistook someone else for Sonsie.

You don't get 34 disposals playing midfield without a good bout of contested ball. Even the VFL report said "Had huge clearance and contested ball numbers. "

Sonsie was immense.
I have a good eye for these things and yes I watch very closely. He spectates at contests and won’t put his head over the ball at times. Is it as bad as Naish - no but it’s an area he is going to have to improve. I banged on about it before we drafted him also. His upside far outweighs this issue though so expect him to still be a very good player.

• Dislike
As at 22:29 05 April 2022 this genius has still not played a single senior game.

F word much?

Reactions: 1 users