Welcome Tyler Sonsie | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tyler Sonsie

In same draft as soligo and McDonald that went to haw , talking to locals , sonz was the star junior , showed quite a bit in debut year ,reckon he had more midfieid minutes then ,,,,has disappointed with his many opportunities this year , has had so many moments that he could really make it count and he squanders it time and again with poor disposal or decisions , am still hoping for a breakout but times running out , prob lucky he’s contracted tbh

In same draft as soligo and McDonald that went to haw , talking to locals , sonz was the star junior , showed quite a bit in debut year ,reckon he had more midfieid minutes then ,,,,has disappointed with his many opportunities this year , has had so many moments that he could really make it count and he squanders it time and again with poor disposal or decisions , am still hoping for a breakout but times running out , prob lucky he’s contracted tbh
Clearly has talent, but between the ears might be a bit squishy. Can't beat competitiveness as a skill when drafting. Are we rating it high enough?

Reactions: 1 user
He was touted coming into his draft year (2021) but that was based on his under-16 form, because they played no footy in 2020. Come draft night he didn't slide, he went where he went.

Anyway, has 13 disposals and 6 clearances to half-time in the VFL.

Reactions: 1 users
Has been underwhelming today, just always hovering in the outskirts, waiting for the ball.

Reactions: 4 users
Reckon we may be over analysing the Sonz , he simply lacks hardness, ad the fact he hasn’t played a decent game of footy in 2 years his confidence would be shot . Not sure if he’s played smart wet weather footy today by most of his touches kicks of the deck or his just not prepared to put his head over the ball.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually put in much better in the second half than the first. But you'd think a young bloke who's been playing seniors n then eased to sub and then down to magoos would have been busting his proverbials to prove that he's got the necessaries to get back into the seniors.

Reactions: 1 users
Reckon we may be over analysing the Sonz , he simply lacks hardness, ad the fact he hasn’t played a decent game of footy in 2 years his confidence would be shot . Not sure if he’s played smart wet weather footy today by most of his touches kicks of the deck or his just not prepared to put his head over the ball.
Try the latter!

I think he’s the classic example of player gets drafted.
Thinks that hes accomplished his goal, hard work is not his DNA.
Might be wrong but let’s hope I am.
Wasting draft picks is not a way to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Remember the excitement when we drafted him?

Last picked in the playground atm. I wonder if we might move him on?
There might be more excitement to come yet.
They are probably training him to be an accountable two way runner and there’s a developmental period attached

Same thing happened with tiger when butch tried to simplify his swing

Reactions: 2 users