Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

He should come in with Kosi. Cumberland stays for the next two weeks, he needs his confidence up. after the bye, we will get our more senior and better players back. For now gives the above a go.

Reactions: 1 user
He was very good. Just read the ball so well and was a good distributor of it too. Looks close to being ready to play.

What position does he play at AFL Level though?

I can't see him replacing Broad, Brown or Vlaustin so does mean he plays forward?

Reactions: 2 users

I can't see him replacing Broad, Brown or Vlaustin so does mean he plays forward?
Can he turn the ball over regularly, and let forwards run away from him? Could take Short's role.

Seriously though we could move Short or Rioli, and let Vlastuin play "small" or move Broad. They arent really moves that are ideal from a team balance POV, but it wont make difference at this stage.

Question might be is Bauer fit enough to play AFL at this stage, and off a 5 day break.

Reactions: 2 users

Well he started back and then went forward on Saturday so anywhere?

When you know how to take screamers often, and when you kick 2 last minute winning goals 2 games in a row (VFL last season), you MUST be a FF. That's where I want him especially now that Kelts is out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Will the Bauer farce be over on Thursday?
The German name Bauer is derived from the medieval Flemish name Fauer. The Fauers were renowned as slapstick jesters in the Flemish town squares, but never the higher courts. As was common with the low literacy at the time, family names changed across generations and regions and the Fauer name became more widely written as 'Faucer' from which the modern term 'farce' – or irritating clowning – is derived.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
He hurt his leg/foot at one stage and was off the ground for awhile. Came back on and didn't seem to be troubled by whatever it was, I hope he has pulled up ok.

The German name Bauer is derived from the medieval Flemish name Fauer. The Fauers were renowned as jesters in the Flemish town squares, but never the higher courts. As was common with the low literacy at the time, family names changed across generations and regions and the Fauer name became more widely written as 'Faucer' from which the modern term 'farce' – or lower-class clowning – is derived.
Flemish. :rotfl2

Now link him to Namibia. :rotfl1

• Haha
The German name Bauer is derived from the medieval Flemish name Fauer. The Fauers were renowned as slapstick jesters in the Flemish town squares, but never the higher courts. As was common with the low literacy at the time, family names changed across generations and regions and the Fauer name became more widely written as 'Faucer' from which the modern term 'farce' – or irritating clowning – is derived.
Baie dankie meneer!

Bauer; German and Jewish (Ashkenazic): status name for a peasant or nickname meaning ‘neighbor, fellow citizen’, from Middle High German (ge)būr,

Source Bauer family history (family search)

Just hope the body is ok if he comes in.

Game is 50% quicker in the ones and he has had multiple soft tissue injuries recently.

Reactions: 1 users
Needs another game in the VFL, has played 2 games this season, round 7 and then on the weekend.