Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

Am I the only one who thinks Broady still has really good leg speed for the klms on him ? Still has a big engine too.

Wasn't his best game today, tried hard as always, but I noticed a few times when he really needed to turn the wheels, he was ok.

Hope he goes around again next year. Good leader as well.

Reactions: 7 users
Am I the only one who thinks Broady still has really good leg speed for the klms on him ? Still has a big engine too.

Wasn't his best game today, tried hard as always, but I noticed a few times when he really needed to turn the wheels, he was ok.

Hope he goes around again next year. Good leader as well.
Was his usual steady solid self again.

His role has changed somewhat a little back to being the defensive cover/insurance player similar to the GF seasons allowing for Vlastuin and Rioli to get off their men.

His stats have dropped off a little bit n reflection of this. sort of back to the stats he was averaging back then. He's also directing the backline somewhat as Grimes did prior.

Is still contracted to go again next year.

One of the best athletes at the club since he arrived.

Reactions: 2 users
Was his usual steady solid self again.

His role has changed somewhat a little back to being the defensive cover/insurance player similar to the GF seasons allowing for Vlastuin and Rioli to get off their men.

His stats have dropped off a little bit n reflection of this. sort of back to the stats he was averaging back then. He's also directing the backline somewhat as Grimes did prior.

Is still contracted to go again next year.

One of the best athletes at the club since he arrived.
Love Broady. Was a bit doubtful when he first started, but geez he's been a reliable mainstay.

Glad he's got another year on his contract.

Reactions: 6 users
Love Broady. Was a bit doubtful when he first started, but geez he's been a reliable mainstay.

Agreed Redders I've always liked him.

Tigers had him on the wing in 2016 and early 2017 before he did his AC joint and he built up the strength in his rehab to play tall at AFL level.

Always had the tank.

Always played for the team and within his limitations.

I've always supported him and he always looked like being a good point of difference player in defense over his career thats exactly what he's been just as Grimes and Tigga have been.

Weve been spoilt to have such a clutch group of tough uncompromising athletic and versatile defenders in Nathan, Nick, Alex, Dave and Dylan.

3 flags are testament to that.

Reactions: 4 users
Agreed Redders I've always liked him.

Tigers had him on the wing in 2016 and early 2017 before he did his AC joint and he built up the strength in his rehab to play tall at AFL level.

Always had the tank.

Always played for the team and within his limitations.

I've always supported him and he always looked like being a good point of difference player in defense over his career thats exactly what he's been just as Grimes and Tigga have been.

Weve been spoilt to have such a clutch group of tough uncompromising athletic and versatile defenders in Nathan, Nick, Alex, Dave and Dylan.

3 flags are testament to that.
I listen to those podcast things he does. He's funny and gives off as being a good down to earth bloke.

Reactions: 1 user

Yep. Used to be fumbly and making many errors but really grew some brains throughout the Dimma era. Like Vloss, our most reliable defender. Speaks really well too.

I shudder to think what % we would have without Broady and Vlas this year. These two just go about it week in and week out and put their bodies on the line. They keep putting in despite the tsunami of entries into our backline on a weekly basis. Broady needs to go around again. Perhaps try him in attack for a few games. He can take a mark, reads the ball well. Have Trezise take his role down back.

Broady also always gives an outlet option. Team player. Much kudos

Reactions: 1 users
A bit under par on Sunday but so was the rest of the defence mob. He still worked hard and negated a number of attacks when needed. Still runs all day and is always there when needed. Mr Reliable

Broad is Mr Reliable, very impressive.

I would dispute the idea of a disorganised backline. The way GWS were moving the ball forward was close to impossible to defend. They got the ball and swept down the ground with multiple possessions, outnumbering our players at every point. Defenders are on a hiding to nothing unless those further up the ground can pressure and threaten to disrupt the opposition ball movement.

DS

Was not a fan when we drafted him but over time he has won me over big time.

In saying that i think he has been ordinary for 4 or 5 weeks now. Needs to pick it up a bit imo.

Have been saying the following for a few years now, now with Brown, Trezise Smith and possibly bauer needing games preferably in their best roles in the backline.
Play Broady and Rioli on the wings. Only trouble with that is we strip the backline of experience. So we probably have to play at least one in the back half.

Looking at a succession plan player type and who they replace.

Bauer would be Grimes replacement very similar only trouble is Bauer could well make it as a tall forward which we are desperate for.
Brown is an ideal replacement for Broady imo but he needs to find some toughness.
Trezise could be a good fit for the red terror Vlastuin. Similar size good n the air competes. Better runner and quicker id say.
Smiffy my favorite among our kids no brainer replacement for short a better user of the ball not that would be hard to do, quick doesnt have fear issues. Should have been in the team for weeks now.

Throw in Gibcus as a kpd along with Balta if we can find some key forwards. Give the pot a stir and you have the makings of a really promising backline.
Bauer Brown Smith and Trezise all have to prove themselves, but they all show real good signs.Along with McAuliffe and a couple of others i think they should be our priority for the rest of the year.

The only one who can hold his head high today. The match report should read:

Richmond best players: N. Broad……………..

Broad and his partner in crime Tigga to be honest head and shoulders above the rest.

Fantastic all day Broady big game, did it all against the avalanche.

Love Broady never ever doesn't turn up even if he has a rare bad game he still busts his arse whilst doing so.

Has never let the Tigers down on the big stage either.

One of our few players left who care.

Last edited:
  • Love
Played really well. Broady and Tigga are still playing at the level they were in our flag years.

Reactions: 2 users
Another really great game by Nathan. Without him today it would have been a much worse loss. If only some of the other senior players would copy his intent and drive