Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

Love Broady and his game. You always know what you will get from him, a hard nosed skilful and brave guy always ready to attack the ball all game long. That is some endurance. Couldn't be more pleased for him with his goal today
This man's selling himself in media interviews to be our next skipper.

Reactions: 1 user
Vlastuin, Broad, Rance, Dave, Grimes, Houli, Short and Balta are the best collection of defenders over a dynasty I’ve ever seen.
Johnson, Power, Ashcroft, Leppitch, Michael, White, Pike were pretty good, But I'll take ours every day

Having a good season. Solid again tonight. Still covering the ground really well. Doing some big jobs.

(Surprised nobody mentioned he played on Cameron all game last week and kept him to 1 goal. Not getting enough kudos for mine.)
Correct Redders did a good job on Cameron last week was totally overlooked.

Hes covered Cameron numerous times and has had this measure the last few times wave played them.

Grimsey used to take him before he fell off the perch and Broad would play small often taking Rubdown Rohan or the like.

Reactions: 2 users
Vlastuin, Broad, & Grimes earlier on have all majorly underrated careers.
As amazing as Rancey was and what a great defender and leader he I've always ,maintained these 3 guys have always provided the point of difference the Tigers had down back.

Grimes and Broad very quick and agile athletic talls, but tough also never shirked a contest and always hard at it, same as Tigga.

That allowed them to play small and shutdown the oppositions most dangerous small forwards whilst also covering Rance when he'd go running up the ground whilst Dave just locked down on the Tallest Oppo Forward.

Broad also one of the best aerobic runners at the club. Tigga tough composed and a great intercept partner for Rance that was great at ground level in clinches also.

Was great to watch them work as a unit during games the "Wall" they would employ creeping up and down the ground, it was the cornerstone of our success and was made even more impenetrable by the fierce pressure bough to bear through the middle and forward thirds of the ground.

Rance and Dave were great as they were but the 3 versatile juniors to them were vital in the RFC defenses ability to take on and nullify all types of opposition forward set ups be they tall, small or standard.

Fantastic unit indeed. The run of Bashar and Ellis and Short from the back half was the attacking compliment to the defensive buttress.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Johnson, Power, Ashcroft, Leppitch, Michael, White, Pike were pretty good, But I'll take ours every day
Reckon we’re way way past those blokes. The closest is Geelong with Scarlett, Enright, Corey, Taylor, Kelly, Lonergan etc

Reactions: 3 users
As amazing as Rancey was and what a great defender and leader he I've always ,maintained these 3 guys have always provided the point of difference the Tigers had down back.

Grimes and Broad very quick and agile athletic talls, but tough also never shirked a contest and always hard at it, same as Tigga.

That allowed them to play small and shutdown the oppositions most dangerous small forwards whilst also covering Rance when he'd go running up the ground whilst Dave just locked down on the Tallest Oppo Forward.

Broad also one of the best aerobic runners at the club. Tigga tough composed and a great intercept partner for Rance that was great at ground level in clinches also.

Was great to watch them work as a unit during games the "Wall" they would employ creeping up and down the ground, it was the cornerstone of our success and was made even more impenetrable by the fierce pressure bough to bear through the middle and forward thirds of the ground.

Rance and Dave were great as they were but the 3 versatile juniors to them were vital in the RFC defenses ability to take on and nullify all types of opposition forward set ups be they tall, small or standard.

Fantastic unit indeed. The run of Bashar and Ellis and Short from the back half was the attacking compliment to the defensive buttress.
Indeed. Broad and Grimes in particular were so versatile, could play tall/medium/small. That itself adds so much value to the overall synergy and flexibility to adjust week by week to the opposition side's tactics and match ups, optimising our own structures and strengths.

Reactions: 1 users
Broady doesn’t get enough love on here.
One of the nicest humans you’d ever meet. Humble, caring and super friendly.
And can play

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Broady doesn’t get enough love on here.
One of the nicest humans you’d ever meet. Humble, caring and super friendly.
And can play
In the short time I saw him signing autographs I noticed that too. He and Jack Graham stood out to me. Genuine was the word that came to mind.

Reactions: 2 users
Reckon his offensive game has slipped, numbers dropped to 12 touches a week from 16. Hasn’t been rebounding very hard.

But defensively still very sound. Maybe he is playing the Grimes role now.

Reckon his offensive game has slipped, numbers dropped to 12 touches a week from 16. Hasn’t been rebounding very hard.

But defensively still very sound. Maybe he is playing the Grimes role now.
He is, has gone back to playing a more defensive role.

Brown has his HB role.

Also just the team around him has dropped.
Never not see Broady running for his teammate to give an option. He busts his balls on defence and then immediately gives a lead.
But we've struggled to win the ball back and struggled to clear zones. Both impacted Broadys numbers.
He's not down, the team has been.

Always in the place when hard work and grunt needed in defence. Made a few mistakes but overall, a pretty good game against a relentless Blues attack.

Reactions: 3 users
Almost our best today
Been one of our best all season. Certainly a consistent performer.

A few of his fraudulent colleagues that won premierships alongside him should be taking note of what real footy character and leadership in a time of need looks like, instead of re-reading their own press from 2017-2020…

Reactions: 6 users
Been one of our best all season. Certainly a consistent performer.

A few of his fraudulent colleagues that won premierships alongside him should be taking note of what real footy character and leadership in a time of need looks like, instead of re-reading their own press from 2017-2020…
Good post. Unheralded Tiger champion. People will struggle to remember his name in 10 years - we shouldn’t

Loved the comment that when he kicked his 4th ever goal a few weeks back it was the first time he had more goals than premierships.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users