Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Not consistent enough at the moment, but still producing moments of excellence. Rioli is going to be an exceptional player for the Tigers.

toby64 said:
Yep another who played like a deer in the headlights in the last qtr.

Very disappointing
How can a kid stare down headlights when his coach is frozen in front of him.

kids a gun. only has 27 games to his name and 2nd year' he will be dynamite in 2 years with 70-80 games in him and stronger

turk-d-tiger said:
kids a gun. only has 27 games to his name and 2nd year' he will be dynamite in 2 years with 70-80 games in him and stronger

Agree. A 20 year old kid that attacks the ball and opposition like his life depended on it.
Last of worries

He has been a bit down the last few weeks, but even so, you always get the sense he is likely to pop up and create something from nothing no matter what stage the game is at. I reckon his opponents must think that as well.

How about that contest on the wing? You know, the one where he somehow stole the ball, beat two players, found a bunch of time, and dished off?

Fast becoming a trademark move.

BiddiscombeSkills said:
How about that contest on the wing? You know, the one where he somehow stole the ball, beat two players, found a bunch of time, and dished off?

Fast becoming a trademark move.

Loved that, even more so when he ripped it out of the hands of Hooker and then burst through Stewart, both who are a hell of a lot taller and stronger than him.

Quiet tonight but many forget that he still hasn't played 30 games.

I thought Rioli's defensive running was more frequent and more possessed against the Bombers. He wasn't able to get space with the ball but that's ok that happens. But he did what you have to do in that situation and that's go demonic on pressure. I thought he did that. So I rated his game up on a couple of the recent ones.

It was a tough night for small forwards. I thought our man was pretty good.

The lynchpin to the forward press because of his repeat efforts.

And he refuses to concede he is out of the play.

Would love to see his scores created from pressure acts numbers.

Doing great defensively and when the ball comes into his area. I just hope the coaches are working with him to teach him how to get out in space more often and pick up some uncontested ball.

I would like to see him spending more time up on the wing and learn a few tricks from Grigg about how to sneak out into space. Grigg is unbelievable at knowing how to sneak off while others are ball watching.

Don't get me wrong. I love Dan's manic pressure and defensive mindset but he needs to use his speed to get out into space as well.