Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

The kid has got a super attitude and a hunger to succeed.( You can hear it in his interviews)

I think this could be a great get.

I was nit fazed before the drafted but now I am very happy that we took this risk on the kid.

I reckon this kid will do more for the Richmond football club than many believe. Let him mature and once he does you will see the tiger army at its ultimate best. Great pick up Tigers because the Hawks had him primed for their first pick..........Daniel is a big stage player so i cant wait to see him at the dreamtime game...............Im rapt

This kid will have the longest honeymoon period of any previous RFC recruit.

Apologies if this link has been pasted before bit it's a good package of his match against Tassie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLGiZdR9z-M

Have to say watching the whole video I'm a little concerned about his disposal. Missed targets plenty of times. Hope he's generally a lot cleaner than that. Also interestingly they showed on the screen that he is 76kgs. Have now heard all weights between 65kg to 76kg.

tigerlove said:
Apologies if this link has been pasted before bit it's a good package of his match against Tassie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLGiZdR9z-M

Have to say watching the whole video I'm a little concerned about his disposal. Missed targets plenty of times. Hope he's generally a lot cleaner than that. Also interestingly they showed on the screen that he is 76kgs. Have now heard all weights between 65kg to 76kg.
I can show you a dozen videos of all the top 10 players that had a bad game does that mean they will turn out to be spuds. Have you seen his good highlights , dont worry he will be a gun..................

I recall last year there were posts about Corey Ellis' effective disposal percentage being low. There aren't too many concerns now

DirtyDogTiger said:
They are good numbers.
The stats might slip a bit as he puts on muscle
Had the same thoughts. Our fitness experts must ensure he does not lose any speed or agility as he puts on muscle and weight. Hope his hammies are sound but we won't know until he plays more competitive football bc it seems like he only took the game seriously in the past two years = huge upside in terms of what he might yet produce at the tigers. Also great to hear him say he wants to "put on a show in 2016", meaning he'll be inspired by our expectation not daunted by it. If he fires he'll attract a huge increase in membership. So pleased he was still available.

He will top out around 77kgs-80kgs.

The fitness guys are pretty specific on the weight they don't want the players to go above. It is a running game so a guy lugging around heaps of muscle bulk is pointless.

Watching his interview the website and his interview on SEN I am really happy for him as he has clearly made a decision to make the most of life and not let it get ruined Troy Taylor style by booze and drugs. I am also rapt that we got him as he seems like a level headed young man who could be anything.

And whilst previously knocking the romance side of things, having another Rioli with MRjnr a possibility in the next few years I think it is a wonderful time for the club.

BigBadNorm said:
I can show you a dozen videos of all the top 10 players that had a bad game does that mean they will turn out to be spuds. Have you seen his good highlights , dont worry he will be a gun..................

This was apparently one of his best games. The problem with the highlights reel is they cut out the bad bits like where he was dancing around an opposition player, looked great but they cut out the part where that player then tackled him and he disposed incorrectly. Anyhow it was just an observation, he had a lot of rushed and missed targets in that game and thought I'd share the link. Not saying that means he has no chance of a successful career at the Tigers.

tigerlove said:
Um he hasn't played yet, we're not going t obe able to compare his footyagainst Vyril and Maurice until he's played a few games.

Vyril? Geez, how many of them are there?

Ghost of 29 said:
I am really happy for him as he has clearly made a decision to make the most of life and not let it get ruined Troy Taylor style by booze and drugs.

As with all recruits ?!!