Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

bullus_hit said:
Ok, serious question. We missed out on Treloar who is an absolute jet but would have given up Rioli & Prestia to get him. Early days but I think our sliding doors moment has been a blessing.
I think Treloar is the best of the 3, however on the little Tiger time Prestias had I think his a lot closer to Treloar then I thought 12 months a go , as for Rioli he looks like been a 100 gamer at worst, could even end up special

CC TIGER said:
I think Treloar is the best of the 3, however on the little Tiger time Prestias had I think his a lot closer to Treloar then I thought 12 months a go , as for Rioli he looks like been a 100 gamer at worst, could even end up special

Treloar is a ripper but his kicking is a little bit kick and hope and for the amount of times he finds it and finds space he really doesn't hurt you as much as he should.

Prefer Dion to be honest.

Dan has a long way to go before entering the discussion.

CC TIGER said:
Treloar is a jet, a very very good footballer. It's hard to compare footballers at that level but Prestia is also a gun player but many forgot how good he was because he was injured. If I was picking teams in the schoolyard I would probably pick Treloar first but I wouldn't be disappointed with getting Dion, and I am not.

When you add Rioli into the mix it's a no brainer. Different sort of player but he may end up as good as they are.

Yep I think the bottom line is Bully's correct this is looking pretty good for us, baring any bad injuries you can't really lie getting players of the quality of Prestia or Treloar

The Prince struggled a bit early on tonight. I'd prefer him on the flank than at CHF but that is the price we pay for our unstructured forward line.

He lifted. And he lifted his mates. That moment. When he had to freeze the ball. And waited. And instead of choking ran around the man on the mark and hit a target. That was a turning point for the club.

No more bungled chest marks to lose matches. We have some class.

Dyer'ere said:
The Prince struggled a bit early on tonight. I'd prefer him on the flank than at CHF but that is the price we pay for our unstructured forward line.

He lifted. And he lifted his mates. That moment. When he had to freeze the ball. And waited. And instead of choking ran around the man on the mark and hit a target. That was a turning point for the club.

No more bungled chest marks to lose matches. We have some class.

blood oath, it was just fine. What I really loved about that too, he waited for the ump to call play on, and after the ump had been screaming play on after o.2 miliseconds at us all night, the ump was strangely silent, hesitant, gave him his full measure of time and then some. Waited for the man on the mark to come at hime, sidestepped like shelling a broad bean, then hit a target. Sublime.

tigersnake said:
blood oath, it was just fine. What I really loved about that too, he waited for the ump to call play on, and after the ump had been screaming play on after o.2 miliseconds at us all night, the ump was strangely silent, hesitant, gave him his full measure of time and then some. Waited for the man on the mark to come at hime, sidestepped like shelling a broad bean, then hit a target. Sublime.

It's a good day, snakey. :)

Someone said it of him in his draft year and it's absolutely true: the connection of his boot to ball is so pure, you hear that lovely 'thood' when he kicks it. Tough too. Future champion.

The Prince. Long may he reign.

Ive got this gnawing feeling that Drioli is gonna set the G alight tomo arvo.

its been keepin me awake this week.