Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

That's right. But we don't care. Rioli stays if they take that path.

So regardless, GC need to make a decision: what's more important Noble or Rioli ?

Reckon final deal will be pick 7 plus the original pick 20.

It's a good deal for where we're at. Hell of a lot more than Smith, Houston etc will go for.

Hope am wrong but expect Gold Coast will sell off 13 so it's off the table and deal will get done with us later on.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
If it's 7 and 20-whatever we should bid on Lombard at 7 (unless we trade it to Norf in a deal for pick 2).

Reactions: 4 users

It's a good deal for where we're at. Hell of a lot more than Smith, Houston etc will go for.

Hope am wrong but expect Gold Coast will sell off 13 so it's off the table and deal will get done with us later on.
That is poor faith negotiating, but I agree.

The club has an interest in selling Dan to GC fed by our desire to gain greater access to this draft.
Put to one side the arrogance so far shown by GC in regard to the recruitment
of Dan. It doesn’t matter.

What does matter is that he is worth far more to us than 6 and 20, even in this draft.
Keep him.

Its like I've said we are after GC 1st 3 picks
Blair said he would go for all of them
Otherwise DJ Bobo & Rioli will be DJ back at Chase'sScreenshot_20241008_121541_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Maybe a future pick included to sweeten the deal?

Remember when Craig Cameron gave up pick #2 for Lachie Weller? That was his finest moment. He is under the pump.

How would it be if this trade period ended with only Noble joining the club, for pick #13? Cameron is right under the pump.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Remember when Craig Cameron gave up pick #2 for Lachie Weller? That was his finest moment. He is under the pump.

How would it be if this trade period ended with only Noble joining the club, for pick #13? Cameron is right under the pump.
They're a sheltered workshop with rivers of draft picks and cheap high-quality academy talent, nobody is really under that much of a pump.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Exactly. **** Campbell, Evans, Dimma and co. We are the ones with all the leverage.

And if it doesn't go through, who cares. Daniel stays. Big losers = GC in that case.

Reactions: 7 users
Yeah I don't buy this 'if Richmond keeps them they'll only depreciate' narrative. If we keep them we show that the price is the price and the same will apply in 2025 given their long contracts.

But we won't keep them. GC and Freo will fold.

Reactions: 6 users
Hardwick wants Rioli.

If he doesnt get his New/Old toy - Cameron can kiss his job goodbye.

Reactions: 4 users
Its like I've said we are after GC 1st 3 picks
Blair said he would go for all of them
Otherwise DJ Bobo & Rioli will be DJ back at Chase'sView attachment 24547

GC offer Rioli a huge deal to seduce him to go there but arent prepared to compensate us for allowing a contracted player to be released
Pay up its 6 & 13 Dimma GC or Rioli will be back in yellow and black in 2025

Reactions: 2 users