Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Rioli wins Jack Dyer medal our best player in 2024 and were going to accept from all media reports pick 6 for him?
Dont care if Suns are trying to quickly sell off pick 12 to highest bidder
We must make a stand demand pick 6 and pick 12 for him or they can go Fthemselves
They want to give 12 to smugpies for Noble then smugpies will give it up for someone else or get back into the draft.

It’s#6 plus or the gagf

Reactions: 3 users
I'm on the 6 plus something bandwagon too, especially as we will probably chip in for some of his salary for the next 3 years.

I'm thinking something like 6 and 26 for Rioli 47 and 57.

They have too many points already for Lombard, so I think they will be looking to trade their 1st 4 out as 26, 38 and 46 already means they can match a pick upto around Pick 5, and its unlikely Lombard will be bid on there IMO. Probably more likely around 10, so they have the luxury to trade more picks out.

If we get 6 and 26 and give them back 47 and 57, that takes the value of GC's picks after 38 upto about 7/8.

They can then sell 12 and 20 off to the highest bidders for 2025 draft picks. You'd think there would be plenty of takers. Its why I can see 1 of these picks being used as part of the Noble trade, by offering such a high pick I reckon they could get an awesome deal out of the Pies, possibly including their 1st rounder. Would they offer Noble and their F1 for 12 and 20? Maybe. That would be a pretty good get for GC if they think the Pies will miss finals next year, though they may ask for another sweetener somewhere, maybe pick swaps in 2025 or maybe the Pies will need to find another party to get them a 2025 2nd, somewhere mid range 2nd you'd think.
I really think that deal undervalues Rioli. In valuing any player you look at their talent, their contract status, whether the selling club can contribute to Salary, whether the buying club has been chasing and finally the value to the buying club. On all these metrics The value of Rioli goes up so I would be disappointed with the deal you propose Posh. We will all find out in the fullness of time and we will find out who overvalues and undervalues our players.

Reactions: 1 user
I really think that deal undervalues Rioli. In valuing any player you look at their talent, their contract status, whether the selling club can contribute to Salary, whether the buying club has been chasing and finally the value to the buying club. On all these metrics The value of Rioli goes up so I would be disappointed with the deal you propose Posh. We will all find out in the fullness of time and we will find out who overvalues and undervalues our players.
Plus I am sick of us being a nice club and selling players below value to get them to the club of their choice. We were told that would beeed player loyalty but I can give you 4 wxamples where that doesn’t appear to be working for us

Reactions: 1 users
Plus I am sick of us being a nice club and selling players below value to get them to the club of their choice.
I reckon this is one of those myths that keeps getting repeated so people think it is fact.
Who have we undersold?
The Saints were the only team interested in Butler, who was playing VFL for us.
Anyone else?

It will be pick 20 or next years first plus pick 6…that’s about right. He’s a 28 year flanker with 3 to 4 years left max

It will be pick 20 or next years first plus pick 6…that’s about right. He’s a 28 year flanker with 3 to 4 years left max
Who gives a stuff about what is "about right". If he was like Broad, he would stay and help our list and club. He is contracted. Pick 6 & 12 or he plays with us. He is a gun player. 4 years of a gun player is fine given there is no guarantee with picks. This year has been his best ever. This is why GC want him. He is in his prime - pay up B****S.

I am still yet to hear directly from Rioli on why he wants to leave. Has anyone heard him express this?

I am still yet to hear directly from Rioli on why he wants to leave. Has anyone heard him express this?
He hasn’t said anything publicly, but he talks about as much as Dusty. I’d say it’s mostly about money. That’s how Gold Coast operate. I wonder if Touk Miller will hold Daniel in contempt, because he broke his contract with us after the way he spoke about Lynch when he came us as an FA.

He hasn’t said anything publicly, but he talks about as much as Dusty. I’d say it’s mostly about money. That’s how Gold Coast operate. I wonder if Touk Miller will hold Daniel in contempt, because he broke his contract with us after the way he spoke about Lynch when he came us as an FA.
I suspect its about his other half, who is an 'influencer' on the Gold Coast.

Yep, odds are against us drafting a player at pick 6 who will be as good as Rioli. That’s just how the draft happens to work. So many factors involved.