Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

They still have about 15 players that were at other clubs. They have got most pretty cheaply. Harsh on Kennedy .
Just saying it doesnt mean rebuild with just nd picks.
Like ND picks get your trades right and you can speed up your rebuild.

Where are Carlton at ? Who really cares but you would have to say if honest they are now not too far away.

I reckon we are at a point where simple value adding is a neccesity.
They have had some misses with recruits from other clubs but they also have had some hits, although they may have paid too much for some.
Newman, acres, Saad, Hollands, Cerra, Hewitt, McGovern, Kennedy and Fogarty are all in or around their best 23.

I think people dont get the salary cap you have to pay 90% of it minimum so paying bolton and rioli is a given fact we will be doing! One it allows us to pay the 90% required and two it gets us better draft capital by selling the cap space to them. Three then when we so stop paying them we can attack free agency with even more cap space than the actually 90% because those 2 are already playing for other clubs so in the 2 or 3 years when we stop paying them we are paying only 80% of the cap
norf seemed to be able to manage their salary cap without paying players at other clubs, they even banked some of it for later so unless we get extra premium picks that we can actually use it doesn't make sense

Last edited:
As Brodders said, the Sunz are good for points. Our late picks will probably get us a teens pick this year though: Brisbane's, as they do need points for Ashcroft and Marshall.
If the Suns are willing to trade pick 5 (or whatever their 1st pick ends up) I could see them also giving us their next pick (tied to the Dogs) and we give them our F2.

Reactions: 1 users
norf seemed to be able to manage their salary cap without paying players at other clubs, they even banked some of it for later so unless we get extra premium picks that we can actually use it doesn't make sense
How many quality free agents have they landed? Your post doesn't make sense. Its ok maybe maths isn't your thing bud

I think people dont get the salary cap you have to pay 90% of it minimum so paying bolton and rioli is a given fact we will be doing! One it allows us to pay the 90% required and two it gets us better draft capital by selling the cap space to them. Three then when we so stop paying them we can attack free agency with even more cap space than the actually 90% because those 2 are already playing for other clubs so in the 2 or 3 years when we stop paying them we are paying only 80% of the cap
But Gold Coast & Fremantle may be thinking the same thing, particularly with salary cap increasing again. As I understand GC are in a good position with their salary cap and therefore likely happy to pay the player rather than give up better draft picks in return for having their salary subsidised. I personally don't think we'll be paying part of their salaries but it may depend on where Rioli stands anyway.

How many quality free agents have they landed? Your post doesn't make sense. Its ok maybe maths isn't your thing bud
No need to be an *smile* we could front load others so we have room for a free agent therefore avoiding paying for other teams getting better

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Tarranto, Hopper, Nank, hopefully Baker, Tigger, Balta, maybe we bring in someone this year, anything is better than helping freo and GC
Its helping them and us forget it bud you dont get it. 100% we will be paying some of bolton and riolis wages to play for other teams and it benefits both parties.

• Dislike
Its helping them and us forget it bud you dont get it. 100% we will be paying some of bolton and riolis wages to play for other teams and it benefits both parties.
Don’t understand the deal where we would end up paying any of Bolton’s salary - nor Rioli for that matter too

If either wants to go - they make the call and negotiate whatever money they can get from their new club.
I thought we’d just sit back and demand the best possible trade of draft picks

Reactions: 5 users
Maybe we make a play for Harley Reid give em 2 top 10 picks and get WCoast to pay some of the salary because he is still in contract :rolleyes:

How does that sound

Please tell me the benefits I'm all ears champ
You quoted my post earlier where i explained it im not going to draw you a picture in crayons just so you can understand simple logic bud. *smile* me some people on here aren't the coldest beers in the fridge

Maybe we make a play for Harley Reid give em 2 top 10 picks and get WCoast to pay some of the salary because he is still in contract :rolleyes:

How does that sound
Yeah lad thats it west coast are in the same position as a freo and goldcoast who are both paying out all there salary cap 🤣🤣🤣 go to bed you are sounding dumber with every post

• Haha
‘Selling the cap space’. Incredibly good strategy. Takes us to our required percentage without wasting it on spuds but instead buys in young talent. I absolutely love this approach.

Reactions: 4 users
‘Selling the cap space’. Incredibly good strategy. Takes us to our required percentage without wasting it on spuds but instead buys in young talent. I absolutely love this approach
Who is the young talent that we are buying in? we have so many players leaving we may trade in a free agent

• Wow