Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

But if the pick20 becomes a pick 27-28 it would because of Academy and F/S picks wouldn’t it?
So really the lads rated around that pick 20 would still be there, but just pushed down the order

No Craig Williams.

The academy/father sons are still part of this year's draft intake.

i.e. What we get at pick 27-28 is still the same when comparing to its worth of every other draft year (on assumption same level of talent).

No Craig Williams.

i.e. What we get at pick 27-28 is still the same when comparing to its worth of every other draft year (on assumption same level of talent).
But realistically we weren’t in the running for them.
If we or another clubs bids and the F/S club matches, the F/S player is injected in as that pick, (using multiple “junk” picks)
If those “original” picks are “pushed out” those available players rated at that pick are still there.

But realistically we weren’t in the running for them.
If we or another clubs bids and the F/S club matches, the F/S player is injected in as that pick, (using multiple “junk” picks)
If those “original” picks are “pushed out” those available players rated at that pick are still there.
Spot on, Willo. But when you take out the F/S and academy players the drafts can look pretty thin. That's coz they are.

Let's draw this 2024 one up. We might see that picks #1 and #2 are Ashcroft and Lombard. The 2023 draft would then look less compromised than 2024. Wow. Add three or more F/S players to 2024.

Draft picks are degraded in value because the drafts are so compromised.

Pick #20? "Not worth a hill of beans." (Dogwick 2023 presser.)

Reactions: 1 user
No Craig Williams.

Not really, we wouldn’t be building a strategy to draft them, we’d build them into best rankings and look at available talent when drafting. And if we thought say Tyler Welsh was worth taking we bid forcing the hand.

Not really, we wouldn’t be building a strategy to draft them, we’d build them into best rankings and look at available talent when drafting. And if we thought say Tyler Welsh was worth taking we bid forcing the hand.
In the end that is the only way the draft has integrity, if everyone does that.

As an example if we have pick 2 and we rate Lombard as the 2nd best player in the draft we should bid on him. If we don’t we are messing with the integrity of the draft.

I am not sure all clubs do that however.

Its gold Coast they can afford to pay overs if the want any of our players rioli pick 7 and 8 and we send a 2nd rd back or *smile* off

Its gold Coast they can afford to pay overs if the want any of our players rioli pick 7 and 8 and we send a 2nd rd back or *smile* off
They get a 3 time premiership defender / attacker in the prime of his career that THEY pursued!,

They give us the two firsts and they get the player that’s it or they can gagf

They can gagf anyway Rioli is staying.

Rioli is Richmond Royalty.

I'm a hard no to trading him altogether. He is a glue player, part of our fabric..
If it's true GC are willing to part ways with 2 1st rnd picks. We can unglue him very quickly.
Love Dan. He was part of the original 3 smalls that changed the course of this club and the course of the game in general.
We be missed but never forgotten

They havent spoken to Richmond, but have they spoken to Daniel or his management ?

Did the deadshits at SEN 1116 (Healy and Corn) ask that question ?

No one can really be surprised about this. The AFL media are masters of making assumptions on tiny snippets of information.
I remember when Dan went to the Gold Coast and caught up with Dimma it being pointed out that it would be more surprising if he didn’t catch up with him when he was there than the fact that he did, given their relationship.
Same with the Bolton noise imo, who btw is very close to Dan Rioli.
Baker may go and so may Jack Graham but they are uncontracted.

Yeah it just didn’t make sense. Long term contract. His uncle playing there and becoming a regular. Why wouldn’t he want to stay around for that. Plus his relationships with the other “brothers” - Shai, Marlion etc.

That article means nothing. 100% the Suns want Rioli. whether they get him is another thing.

Reactions: 2 users
They havent spoken to Richmond, but have they spoken to Daniel or his management ?

Did the deadshits at SEN 1116 (Healy and Corn) ask that question ?
That's always the core of these situations, the initial ground work is done at arms length by other parties, that way when the meedjia come sniffin there's plausible deniability for the accountable operators.

That's always the core of these situations, the initial ground work is done at arms length by other parties, that way when the meedjia come sniffin there's plausible deniability for the accountable operators.
Exactly. That's why I raised it.

Corn and Healy out. Redford P. Reds "Grill Hour" in.

Reactions: 1 users