Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

TigerMasochist said:
sh!t no. Daniel was fairly ordinary last night but Geezer stunk it up in the magoos earlier.

Andddd dropped for Butler.

Happy to see this. Right decision. I want him back in the side asap, but I want him back through playing strong VFL performances. No more coasting.

Tigertool said:
Andddd dropped for Butler.

Happy to see this. Right decision. I want him back in the side asap, but I want him back through playing strong VFL performances. No more coasting.

Agree. Been ordinary this year. And his goalkicking gone to poo as well.

Yes we have made the right call. Rioli in form would never be dropped. But he seems to have lost is spark this season.

I’m really puzzled by Rioli this year...in my opinion he’s a superstar and one of our top 10 players...will never forget PF vs GWS. Also times even this year when he has had the ball on a string, and handled the ball on the ground like it was a basketball. Since he copped the first rib injury he hasn’t been quite the same. In 2017 he injured himself vs Adelaide in Round 6 and struggled for a month or two. I think he’s playing hurt but perhaps not reporting the full extent to strength and conditioning department. Also lost a bit of the fire in his eyes, and I follow his Instagram, but too much content on there! Hopefully he can get his body right and be hungry because I never thought I would see him in the 2s, now this is 2 in 3 weeks. If he’s hurt though maybe keep him conditioned with work that allows him to recover (ie don’t play him)? But staff would know, just hope he’s not too tough and brave for his own good.

Pretty handy we can bring in a fellow premiership small forward for another who is out of form.

bpchia said:
I’m really puzzled by Rioli this year.... Also lost a bit of the fire in his eyes, and I follow his Instagram, but too much content on there!

At the risk of sounding like a Boomer, that girl is big trouble I reckon. Too much focus on being an 'influencer'. I sense it's detrimental to his footy.

jb03 said:
Not been great but prefer him to Butler

Kicks straight and they would have been forced to retain him. Hope they are as ruthless with Butler, especially if we see more of his showboating crap from earlier in the season.

evo said:
At the risk of sounding like a Boomer, that girl is big trouble I reckon. Too much focus on being an 'influencer'. I sense it's detrimental to his footy.

The crazy PC fun police might get us,

and it is old fashioned and maybe even a bit racist and certainly a bit nasty,

But I agree.

Yeah, I dig it. I get the worry.

But the boy needs to live, he’s only a kid.

Let him learn. Needs time to feel it. He’ll be right ;D

i would imagine living with the Fevolas would be like bad hollywood trailer trash ?

If we have depth in a spot we might as well use it. Hopefully he can go back & kick a few goals & get some form back.

All players go through a flat patch, Dan is having one at the moment, he'll be back dazzling us again very soon.