Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

taztiger4 said:
you are a disgrace

Its an interesting one Taz.. theres a few on here that just Pot the players and cross the line.

Then theres others that rightfully discuss players good and bad games/habits, sometimes pushing the line like with Ellis or other whipping boys. This can and does lead to some pretty good discussion at times although can be tiresome, interestingly Dimma also admitted fault with his perception of Ellis, personally I think he was correct but was being played out of position.

The few that just come on to pot the players are fodder, not worth replying to IMO.. If no one replies surely they disappear?

taztiger4 said:
you are a disgrace

I don't think you can call someone a disgrace for an opinion on someone's football ability. I know you are inside the bunker and it might feel personal to you but its not and maybe you should rethink your comment.

BTW I think Broady is pretty handy and a good AFL player with a premiership medal to boot.

Tigers of Old said:
Bolton
Baker
Castagna
Rioli
Butler

Pick 3 of them, who plays?

Tough gig...Bolton and Rioli must play this week due to Dreamtime. Good enough way to split them. Baker gets dropped for now. Castagna v Butler is interesting. You go Castagna on the one hand as he is the incumbent. But Butler, at his best, is more offensive than Castagna. But does Butler have the defensive output to match Castagna? After only 7 disposals and 2 tackles last week, I think I will go Butler (but with the message that we expect > 5 tackles each game otherwise he's out).

Tigertough1974 said:
Its an interesting one Taz.. theres a few on here that just Pot the players and cross the line.

Then theres others that rightfully discuss players good and bad games/habits, sometimes pushing the line like with Ellis or other whipping boys. This can and does lead to some pretty good discussion at times although can be tiresome, interestingly Dimma also admitted fault with his perception of Ellis, personally I think he was correct but was being played out of position.

The few that just come on to pot the players are fodder, not worth replying to IMO.. If no one replies surely they disappear?

Well he was talking about Taz's loved one! :hihi

Tigertool said:
Our club culture is better than free passes on reputations, et.

This from the VFL report. "Rioli’s trademark pressure was there for all to see, leading the team with seven tackles and 18 disposals, splitting his time between forward and midfield."

He must have had a reasonable game.

I’m seeing a few fans talk about his selection as if it’s a race thing. Looking forward to when he rips up yet another big game anyway.

Firstly, he’s a gun worthy of automatic selection.

Secondly, he’s a big game player who I would like to see selected for this game even if he was 23rd best (which he’s not) not because of race, but because he would be significantly more likely than others to step up on the night, like he would in a final.

Gun.

Tames said:
This from the VFL report. "Rioli’s trademark pressure was there for all to see, leading the team with seven tackles and 18 disposals, splitting his time between forward and midfield."

He must have had a reasonable game.

He was good , i think most people watching , thought butler was the standout though , with the ball anyway

123kid said:
I’m seeing a few fans talk about his selection as if it’s a race thing. Looking forward to when he rips up yet another big game anyway.

Gun.

Agree

Has taken a couple of massive hits this season, has shown guts and toughness to play sore.

123kid said:

Secondly, he’s a big game player who I would like to see selected for this game even if he was 23rd best (which he’s not) not because of race, but because he would be significantly more likely than others to step up on the night, like he would in a final.

Gun.

Yeh, some weird thinking those that reckon he's not best 22 or overrated or doesn't do enough. Gun is spot on.

BrisTiger24 said:
Tough gig...Bolton and Rioli must play this week due to Dreamtime. Good enough way to split them. Baker gets dropped for now. Castagna v Butler is interesting. You go Castagna on the one hand as he is the incumbent. But Butler, at his best, is more offensive than Castagna. But does Butler have the defensive output to match Castagna? After only 7 disposals and 2 tackles last week, I think I will go Butler (but with the message that we expect > 5 tackles each game otherwise he's out).

Not sure about all those reckon baker should be dropped. Baker is already handy, he's gonna be a lot more than handy in another season or 2. He's got the potential to be a Robbie Gray style player (maybe not quite that standard but close).

MD Jazz said:
*snip* He's (Baker) got the potential to be a Robbie Gray style player (maybe not quite that standard but close).

I agree he might be as effective over time but he might need to have a late growth spurt too. Robbie is 183cm, Liam is 173cm; Robbie is 84kgs, Liam is 69kgs.