Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Don’t think he will ever be a midfielder. Yes he will from time to time play there but he will always be just a15 touch player and I’m fine with that.

Mr Brightside said:
H/S headline saying his keen to re sign before MR Jnr arrives

Article mentions Rioli reveals who has been mentoring him in the lead up to the 2019 season, who is it?

caesar said:
Article mentions Rioli reveals who has been mentoring him in the lead up to the 2019 season, who is it?
No idea mate, I’m not subscribed to the H/S just saw the headline on twitter

The tweet I saw quoted him as saying that he was very keen to sign a long term deal with the Tigers to ensure he plays with his cousin Mo junior in 2020

Just give him a 10 year deal and be done with it , Rioli's belong at Richmond just not right to see them wearing *smile* jumpers

Thought Danny looked a bit out of sorts last night.

As if he and mia copped some bad sushimi.

A couple of slow blokes pulled away from him

Looked sharp last week,looked lazy this week. Thought he flew for way too many marks from unlikely positions. He'll be on for round 1.

What did we think about Dan's opening game?
Was ok but personally thought he was a lot less dynamic than I expected.
Seemed a step slower & had trouble handling the footy cleanly (perhaps due to the humidity).
Not so much of his customary pressure either.
Hopefully just getting the cobwebs out cause we need him to play better vs the Pies.

Tigers of Old said:
Seemed a step slower & had trouble handling the footy cleanly (perhaps due to the humidity).
Hopefully just getting the cobwebs out cause we need him to play better vs the Pies.

We only got Dan in so we can recruit his cousin.
Apparently going to rename our social club the MRJNRR

tigerlove said:
Thought he was a bit off personally. Still very important to the side.

Will get better, thinking the addition of Lynch may have stuffed up the smalls running patterns, not only does Tom nee to gel with Jack but the effectiveness of the small to pounce as well as lock it in needs to be remapped. He will never be a regular 20 possession player. A solid Rioli game would look like this 8 kicks, 5 tackles, 1 goal. 2 assists and whatever the above average in pressure points is measured in.

Tigers of Old said:

Mightve lost a little focus moving out from under Mrs Hardwicks supervision, and out with his girlie.