Welcome to the tigers Campbell Gray | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the tigers Campbell Gray

The club came out and said the day of the draft they were committed to 3 , but actually only took 2
Yep that right !
Actually that is wrong.

What they said was that they were taking 3 picks to the draft, they didn’t say they would use them all. In fact it had been said multiple times we would be taking 1-2 players only.

i know this because I checked last week what Toce actually said as my initial thought was the same as yours but it was incorrect.

Reactions: 3 users
If Grant is our VFL recruiter then I take my hat off to him. He has been terrific have been saying for some time his selections have been super. Not a VFL player who gets a game is a dud all have the right attitude and skill set.

Reactions: 7 users
If Grant is our VFL recruiter then I take my hat off to him. He has been terrific have been saying for some time his selections have been super. Not a VFL player who gets a game is a dud all have the right attitude and skill set.
I hope Campbell proves me wrong
But
Averaging 2 disposals per quarter for 9 weeks in a row doesn’t automatically make you an AFL player
Watch a lot of VFL and there are some absolute guns playing
Logic makes me think that the club would of been better placed selecting a VFL ruckman as security for Nank
Seeing Naismith, Collina and Hayes-Brown won’t be playing
But that’s way to much common sense
Similar to what Hawks did last year getting security for their rucks getting Brendan Ryan from Bullants last year
Interesting they ontraded him at the end of list year to Brisbane where he played last week

Mick McGuane found him. I would say Mick rates him very highly.

If you have an axe to grind Stig rather than put us through all this negative posting just say what is your real beef with the Club?

Reactions: 1 user

If you have an axe to grind Stig rather than put us through all this negative posting just say what is your real beef with the Club?
Laughable isn't it?

Yes they were thinking of not taking anyone a month before the draft
Mutaz shoulder injury has meant he will ill miss another 3 weeks . Before “ shooting me “ champ , suggest you understand what happens at footy clubs .
The club came out and said the day of the draft they were committed to 3 , but actually only took 2
Yep that right !
But shoot me
Biggest mistake we made is not to use another pick and take a VFL ruckman
We are one injury away from disaster
And what exactly is disaster ?
we are 17th 18th is not a disaster from here

Mick found Corey Ellis champ !!
Send he was a superstar
Remember !!

Laughable isn't it?
Laughable, really ?
Mick found Corey Ellis
Said he was a Super Star
Remember!!
Andrew Browne played at Keilor ( remember him )
Won 4 Best and Fairests
2 EDFL B&F
Great fella
But guess what , struggled at AFL
Might add.Mick is the best Suburban coach going around
Strategy wise , he is miles ahead of most coaches , his lists aren’t always strong but his teams are extremely well drilled

Haaarrgh! Now there's a thought that wasn't worth the energy it took to create it in the first place.
Half the list injured all year plus two more injuries last night, one of which might be a fifth ACL. One win from a dozen games n lucky to even be competitive most games yet shock horror. " We are one injury away from disaster. " Breathtakingly succinct and aware.

Thanks - you beat me to it and saved me posting the same thing

Might add.Mick is the best Suburban coach going around
Strategy wise , he is miles ahead of most coaches , his lists aren’t always strong but his teams are extremely well drilled
So why are you writing off Gray so quickly?

So why are you writing off Gray so quickly?
I hope the kid makes it
But why pick up a player when there are better players playing in the VFL and the WAFL
Gray average 2 possessions a quarter for 9 weeks in a row
Hardly a great grounding . Watch a lot of VFL and he has a long way to go
Fact !
But as a supporter, if you want to fall in love with them as the club selected them
That’s your choice . Not an issue !
All I am saying if you watch teams like Werribee , Southport and Williamstown , there are probably 6 better players than him , similar height etc
Don’t know Campbell, but watched him play
No issues with the player . Issue with the selection . Hope he proves me wrong , but 8 possession games in the VFL doesn’t cut the mustard
Cheers

I hope the kid makes it
But why pick up a player when there are better players playing in the VFL and the WAFL
Fact !
But as a supporter, if you want to fall in love with them as the club selected them
All I am saying if you watch teams like Werribee , Southport and Williamstown , there are probably 6 better players than him , similar height etc
No issues with the player . Issue with the selection . Hope he proves me wrong , but 8 possession games in the VFL doesn’t cut the mustard
Cheers
I'd rather look at his upside more than current stats. Like Blight, he's something positive to work on.

I hope Campbell proves me wrong
But
Averaging 2 disposals per quarter for 9 weeks in a row doesn’t automatically make you an AFL player
Watch a lot of VFL and there are some absolute guns playing
Logic makes me think that the club would of been better placed selecting a VFL ruckman as security for Nank
Seeing Naismith, Collina and Hayes-Brown won’t be playing
But that’s way to much common sense
Similar to what Hawks did last year getting security for their rucks getting Brendan Ryan from Bullants last year
Interesting they ontraded him at the end of list year to Brisbane where he played last week
They can go and get a ruckman whenever they want for the vfl

It is easy to do , no need to fill another list spot for a fill in ruckman

Reactions: 1 users
Actually that is wrong.

What they said was that they were taking 3 picks to the draft, they didn’t say they would use them all. In fact it had been said multiple times we would be taking 1-2 players only.

i know this because I checked last week what Toce actually said as my initial thought was the same as yours but it was incorrect.
Yes, Yze repeated that as well, 1 or 2.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope the kid makes it
Fact !
Cheers
You appear to be omitting he had kicked 9 goals in 4 have up forward. Plus another 2 yesterday.

I'm sure you right, there are probably heaps of better players than him in the VFL, there are probably 10 players better than him on our VFL list. But we clearly didn't draft him because of the player he is today. We drafted him because of the posture we hope he can turn into in a couple of years.

Personally I haven't watched too many Essendon VFL games so it's hard to have an opinion. Credit to you for sitting through them before forming yours.

Reactions: 10 users
Think he’s debuting this week….
Assuming Lefau is not playing we really only have two choices. Either we debut Gray or we move Balta back to the forward line and debut Blight.
I suppose we have another which is to leave the defence as it is and play a very small forward line with Ryan and Nankervis as the only tall targets.
We won’t even have Pickett to play forward
One way or another I suspect one of the MSD picks is going to play earlier than they thought. Player number 41 for the season!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users