Welcome to the tigers Campbell Gray | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the tigers Campbell Gray

Put in a solid first up effort without having any real idea who the *smile* his team mates are. Might be even more impressed with him after he's had a few games and a proper pre season to get him set up for next year. Hoping there's plenty of growth n development to be had.

I was really impressed. Toce might have found a player here..
Oliver Grant found him
Ollie is the RFC VFL talent scout
Toce didn’t know he existed until 6 eeeks ago
Ollie only watched him twice
That’s right “ two times “
It’s amazing the we draft someone who the Club has only watched twice .
But nothing surprises me with the RFC
After all we have the kid we Rookie from Perth Wildcats playing at Ivanhoe in the amateurs who is embarrassing at the level
. When you ask the club , the reply he is learning his trade
Really 🤔. FMD !!!

Reactions: 3 users
Oliver Grant found him
Ollie is the RFC VFL talent scout
Toce didn’t know he existed until 6 eeeks ago
Ollie only watched him twice
That’s right “ two times “
It’s amazing the we draft someone who the Club has only watched twice .
But nothing surprises me with the RFC
After all we have the kid we Rookie from Perth Wildcats playing at Ivanhoe in the amateurs who is embarrassing at the level
. When you ask the club , the reply he is learning his trade
Really 🤔. FMD !!!
Do you think he was a poor selection?

Do you think he was a poor selection?
The player “ might “ be ok.
Let’s look at facts for a minute
Played 8 games of VFL for EFC and averages 8.9 disposals a game
Hardly “ star status “ that is claimed by many on here
Many better players running around the VFL
The fact the RFC recruiting guy Ollie Grant has watched him twice and not the entire game in one of them is mind boggling
Kosi played on him 2 weeks ago and beat him fairly easy .
Now Kosi is player say 39 on our list as he can’t get game with all the injuries
So compare him to Kosi
Who is the better player one on one .
Who knows !

You said we weren't taking anyone in the MSD, and Mutaz was going to West Coast... Really
Yes they were thinking of not taking anyone a month before the draft
Mutaz shoulder injury has meant he will ill miss another 3 weeks . Before “ shooting me “ champ , suggest you understand what happens at footy clubs .
The club came out and said the day of the draft they were committed to 3 , but actually only took 2
Yep that right !
But shoot me
Biggest mistake we made is not to use another pick and take a VFL ruckman
We are one injury away from disaster

The fact the RFC recruiting guy Ollie Grant has watched him twice and not the entire game in one of them is mind boggling
Now Kosi is player say 39 on our list as he can’t get game with all the injuries
So compare him to Kosi
Who knows !
So he might be okay...

You could have saved all the negativity and just gone with that.

Reactions: 5 users
Yes they were thinking of not taking anyone a month before the draft
Mutaz shoulder injury has meant he will ill miss another 3 weeks . Before “ shooting me “ champ , suggest you understand what happens at footy clubs .
The club came out and said the day of the draft they were committed to 3 , but actually only took 2
Yep that right !
But shoot me
Biggest mistake we made is not to use another pick and take a VFL ruckman
I'm not shooting you, I just repeated what you said a couple of days before the draft.

Cheers
Champ

Regardless of who picked him or how much they watched him they clearly saw something in this kid. I saw it too on the weekend.
He’s got his ticket now. Hopefully goes on with it..

Reactions: 9 users
Haaarrgh! Now there's a thought that wasn't worth the energy it took to create it in the first place.
Half the list injured all year plus two more injuries last night, one of which might be a fifth ACL. One win from a dozen games n lucky to even be competitive most games yet shock horror. " We are one injury away from disaster. " Breathtakingly succinct and aware.

• Haha

No they didn't. Geez you make up so much crap.

They never said they were committed to anything, they said they had the opportunity to take 3. Thats a completely different statement.

The thing that you said was facts were - we weren't going to take anyone, that was only days before not weeks. I reckon you like to think you are connected but you actually aren't at all but it makes you feel like some sort of big man for some reason.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
So compare him to Kosi
Who knows !
9 possessions ave for a KPP isn’t that bad. For a small/medium yes. They would have went through heaps of vision and spoke to people at Keilor.

They have drafted him based on potential and on what AFL traits he has. Great leap, very agile for his size, a good kick and can take a mark. He is far from the complete package unlike a kosi who is close to it.

He looks like an 18/19 year old. A slow starter who needs to spend time in the gym and be a fulltime footballer which he hasn’t been able to do working fulltime since leaving school.

Reactions: 3 users
The house is ablaze, we trip and fall fleeing from the scene and break our nose, get up and blunder on, step on a rake, recover, stagger on and - whoa - nearly stepped in a dog *smile*. That would have been a disaster.

• Haha