Welcome to the tigers Campbell Gray | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the tigers Campbell Gray

After arriving at Essendon's VFL program last summer, Gray was switched into a forward role and has reaped significant benefits across the last month. A marking target at 195cm, he's kicked nine goals from his last four VFL games for the Bombers to shoot onto the radar of AFL talent scouts. Previously a strong-marking intercept defender, the move has also shown a versatility to his game that has held an obvious appeal to clubs. He turned 21 earlier this year and has been earmarked as a player who could have an immediate impact at senior level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Is he safe bet ? No.

Is he a swing at a spot that we desperately need depth in? Yes.

Blight is safe. Blight is proven. As much as can be in this type of draft.

This kid was playing park footy not that long ago.

It's a great story, kids like this are few and far between.

Reactions: 10 users
Ummmm. We passed on our last one pick, but had also mentioned earlier in the week that we'd most likely only be taking two picks. Muttley is out for 6 to 8 weeks with a bung shoulder so it would be entirely irrelevant to pick him up in this mid season draft. If his shoulder comes good n he gets back into a bit of form with the last few VFL games of the year then there's always the November or Rookie draft selections to recruit him with.
Hopefully no-one else picks El Noor before we get to him.
I would have preferred we got him now rather than take the risk since I think we would have taken him next year with a late pick.

Reactions: 5 users
Hang on we haven’t figured out if Brown is 188 or 194cm
You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Kid has the Mr Gadget arms

Not sure what his foward craft is like but looks extremely raw
reminded me of Petty from melbourne

I see Mr Positivity has brought the mood down already. :LOL:
You do realise we have Mutaz in the VFL ( currently out injured )
Plays same role
Double the disposals
Club talks about long term and we pass over Mutaz who is back playing in 3 weeks
Go and sit down !!

Definitely noticed this kid on the weekend when he took his first few grabs and thought who is this. Has afl traits one grab takes it highest point good step on him agile for a big bloke, nice kick and can compete and tackle at ground level. For a mid season pick definately a good one for the potential upside he could develop into. Plays similarly to van rooen or nate caddy the way he moves

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Definitely noticed this kid on the weekend when he took his first few grabs and thought who is this. Has afl traits one grab takes it highest point good step on him agile for a big bloke, nice kick and can compete and tackle at ground level. For a mid season pick definately a good one for the potential upside he could develop into
You can't post things like this here Spider you must look for the NEGATIVES! Too short, Sarah Ollie, haircut, Essendon, shoulda done this shoulda done that, you know stuff like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users