Welcome to the tigers Campbell Gray | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the tigers Campbell Gray

Has dominated VFL for weeks. No problems.

A few weeks with this guy and he rips a string off the bone:

View attachment 23293

Get rid of this guy before a player sues us for poor conditioning and injury management.
I think folks are really starting to scape ghost here. I'm not sure there's anything this guy would have done in a few weeks to make this happen.

I agree wholeheartedly something is wrong at the club, but this is borderline hysteria.

Reactions: 4 users
Just HTF does these car crash injuries to young players happen so frequently, I can understand old crocs that are never out of the medical room but fawcett , Bauer gray , Collina gibcus these guys aren’t 21yo and have serious injuries , just wtf

Reactions: 1 user
He told everyone after the game that it was only cramp.
Next minute he’s out for 8 weeks.
Hurts him, the VFL team and the supporters.
When’s cricket season?

Reactions: 1 users
I think folks are really starting to scape ghost here. I'm not sure there's anything this guy would have done in a few weeks to make this happen.

I agree wholeheartedly something is wrong at the club, but this is borderline hysteria.
Agree, the blaming of Meehan and the strength and conditioning program is way OTT.

It's Tim Livingstone who we should be looking at...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Seriously?

Not even his worse critic could blame him for this one.
You prob could make a case that our players arent being sufficiently conditioned to play league football
What would happen if you threw a bunch of over 40s onto a footy field with zero prep , there’d be injuries galore

Well what you think happens if a whole playing group is ill prepared for the rigors of afl football , you start fraying at the edges , and shocking injuries will occur that better prepared teams don’t see

Let me know which part doesnt make sense

Seriously?

Not even his worse critic could blame him for this one.
How did he come to the false conclusion post match he had a cramp? No idea who is responsible for match day decisions in the vfl but surely such a comment begs questions especially given the surrounding circumstances and context of this season and the season prior.

How did he come to the false conclusion post match he had a cramp? No idea who is responsible for match day decisions in the vfl but surely such a comment begs questions especially given the surrounding circumstances and context of this season and the season prior.
He probably came to the conclusion he has cramp because that’s what it felt like. Hamstring injuries are confirmed by scans.

I suppose Meehan should have known by osmosis even though he was at the MCG at the time.

Reactions: 5 users
You prob could make a case that our players arent being sufficiently conditioned to play league football
What would happen if you threw a bunch of over 40s onto a footy field with zero prep , there’d be injuries galore

Well what you think happens if a whole playing group is ill prepared for the rigors of afl football , you start fraying at the edges , and shocking injuries will occur that better prepared teams don’t see

Let me know which part doesnt make sense
The part about the fact that this guy has only been at the club 3 weeks so he got conditioned at Essendon

If he's only on a 6-month contract, it might be worth putting him on the rookie list for 2025. Leave as many main list spots open for new draftees as possible.

If he's only on a 6-month contract, it might be worth putting him on the rookie list for 2025. Leave as many main list spots open for new draftees as possible.
The MSD is a rookie draft so he’d stay there if given a contract extension (which I imagine he will)

And his season might not be over, He might get a chance to play again in September if the VFL side makes the finals and gets past week 1.