Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green

Coulthard had an interrupted preseason. Yep he has been quite disappointing, but let’s see how he performs after the break. As for Green, I’m uncertain if he’s best suited as a small forward or if a midfield role would be more fitting

So he’s not a small forward?
Can’t see him on ball. Not big enough, not strong enough and definitely not fast enough. He needs at least one trick or point of difference.
What is it?
Footy smarts and skills.

Not big enough? Didnt we say the same thing about Baker?

Footy smarts and skills.

Not big enough? Didnt we say the same thing about Baker?
If he had the footy smarts that he’s been credited for he’d get more than 3 disposals a game.
Also hence why Baker isn’t a true midfielder and probably one of the reasons we get thrashed from the centre square week after week. But he dominated VFL as a small forward which Green has failed to do in one single game

Reactions: 1 user
Hard worker, courage in spades and can sniff a goal. Give him 3 more weeks minimum

Reactions: 4 users
Took a while to get into it but was a real livewire in the last. Have to reward 3 goals with another game.

Reactions: 4 users
One thing I like about Steely over the past month is that he can kick straight , not sure that is what a small forward should be able to do but might be worth a try

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users