Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green

Is Steely out of contract this year? If he is, he better start improving otherwise he might possibly find himself in the departure lounge at years end.

Steely Green (nine disposals, four inside-50s, one goal)

“Steely is one of those players that we've got really high hopes for, and whilst we continue to see some really great team-first acts that I'm really proud of Steely for, I’m just looking for him to have a little bit bigger of an impact on VFL footy.”

He and Coulthard s form has dropped off since they sat on the bench in the vest and then got dropped.

He and Coulthard s form has dropped off since they sat on the bench in the vest and then got dropped.
Apart from reading reports of his pre season training prowess, I’ve never seen anything from Green to suggest he’s a player.
Did he have VFL form?

Coulthard a different proposition. We’ve all seen what he can do. I haven’t forgotten

Reactions: 3 users
I have not seen anything that suggests he is AFL quality

was meant to be the next Baker but has looked nothing like him at VFL level

couple of games with lucky out the back goals but nothing more

Reactions: 1 users
How about Morris plays him on the ball - his natural spot - and not stuck away in a pocket every week.

Reactions: 5 users
I haven’t see a lot of Green and not a lot to get too excited about , in saying that a goal he kicked earlier this season at Punt rd is as good a goal as I’ve seen kicked by a Tiger this season .

Tad unfair for me to judge as I haven’t seen that much of him however , he seems to suffer a little bit of small man syndrome , unlike Bakes who is small , however is as courageous at putting his body on the line as any to play the game .

Steely is courageous. Gets in a scrap most games with guys way bigger than him. At times he's had a real negating role. He does seem to "get lost" and struggle to switch from defending to attack. He's a strong tackler.

He does have good skills and is fast.

I'll admit i'd like him around next year but can also see that he may be at risk.

Has arguably one of the best footskills on our list. Yet we cant utilise it as he is stuck in a forward pocket. On the odd occassion he gets up the ground he makes things happened.

Get the kid in the midfield.

Has arguably one of the best footskills on our list. Yet we cant utilise it as he is stuck in a forward pocket. On the odd occassion he gets up the ground he makes things happened.

Get the kid in the midfield.
Yeah. Gathered 6 or 7 posessions in the senior team in 17 or so minutes of play in the last quarter when finally being released from Yze's infamous "Sub Of Death" and then promptly got dropped for the following week. Way to go again with the confidence of a young player.

Reactions: 2 users
Uses the ball very well by foot and I feel we need more good ball users in the AFL team. We definitely need a true small forward too.

Having said that, I really don’t see the point in him playing forward in the VFL and getting 10 possessions each week. His write ups from Morris are pretty good because he impacts games with pressure and tackling.

We basically have no midfielders in the VFL. I think they should be playing Green on the ball and developing his game.

Try him in the midfield in the vfl. I’d like to see if he can cut it at that level. Let’s not die wondering here. If no good he’s another to move on.

Reactions: 2 users
We got beat up onball in the vfl. Our mids were trounced. Punched in the guts.
The hawks mids were too big.
Cant see how adding a small Steely helps. He is undersized and underperforming.

Needs to get a kick before he gets gifts

Finished up front in the 2klm time trials over the pre season.

He’s one of the most aerobically fit players on our list.
He is also very new to the game. Kid can play. But we are killing him playing in a forward pocket.

Reactions: 1 user
He is also very new to the game. Kid can play. But we are killing him playing in a forward pocket.
So he’s not a small forward?
Can’t see him on ball. Not big enough, not strong enough and definitely not fast enough. He needs at least one trick or point of difference.
What is it?

Reactions: 4 users
Hes been tried in the midfield at vfl and he got thrashed couldn't get near it

Reactions: 1 user