Welcome to Richmond Seth Campbell | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Seth Campbell

True but he’s looked tired during a few games late in the season. Had a spell a couple of weeks ago & struggled again yesterday.
Wasn't a great game but I'd be tired too. Doing amazing with his work rate for a 19yo. Has so much more upside with experience and a couple more pre-seasons.

Screenshot_2024-08-12-14-26-42-21_d3b1b7a3fba2476073fda29c3942b0aa.jpg
Screenshot_2024-08-12-14-27-01-39_d3b1b7a3fba2476073fda29c3942b0aa.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Like far too many we have played he was good first quarter and then disappeared.
We have so many playing just like this.
Its great to have pace and good skills but if you cannot get your hands on the ball consistently then your no good to anyone.

Its an area not just Seth has to work on but many others.

Reactions: 1 users
Nickname Tap in my crew. Hot and cold. Shows a bit has pace, has a bit of class but need another couple of preseason in him. I see a Lambert type role when fully developed

Reactions: 1 user
Forgot he was playing, but he's raw as a steak out of the butcher shop. Right age for our rebuild so keep pumping games into him over KMAC, Pickett, Short, Dow, Prestia, Hopper, Graham and any other list clogger floating around on our list. Looks like a potential winger with those running distances and he's got a lot of improvement.

Reactions: 1 users
Like far too many we have played he was good first quarter and then disappeared.
We have so many playing just like this.
Its great to have pace and good skills but if you cannot get your hands on the ball consistently then your no good to anyone.

Its an area not just Seth has to work on but many others.
I'd say that the small forward position is the hardest to maintain consistency. I've seen the best have a number of weeks in a season where the hardly see the ball. Regardless he has averaged 11.26 disposals a game, not too shabby for a 19yo 19 game player. Has obviously been working on creating more scoring opportunities. In his first 15 games he had 16 scoring shots. Since coming back he's had 9 from 4. Undoubtedly will keep working on his game and get better.

Reactions: 2 users
I think he could be really good, as could a few of the cubs, but I have no faith that our current coaching team can develop them properly.

Forgot he was playing, but he's raw as a steak out of the butcher shop. Right age for our rebuild so keep pumping games into him over KMAC, Pickett, Short, Dow, Prestia, Hopper, Graham and any other list clogger floating around on our list. Looks like a potential winger with those running distances and he's got a lot of improvement.

Since when is Dion Prestia is a list clogger?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
because he's cooked and not part of our next premiership.

Nah he is a triple premiership best player and best and fairest winner. Arguably one of the better midfielders of his generation.

That's a very long way from being a list clogger.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Nah he is a triple premiership best player and best and fairest winner. Arguably one of the better midfielders of his generation.

That's a very long way from being a list clogger.
We all know this mate, but father time has come . He is now a list clogger because he's slowed down and can't play transition footy anymore as the game is too fast for him and he's regularly injured . Dusty was a list clogger this year and he knew his time was up and retired. It's *smile* seeing them actually playing inferior football to what we knew them as and I prefer they retire still being serviceable rather than walking on the field like a cripple. Watching Hart in his lasty season was tears to the eyes *smile* as he was so broken down and Dusty wasn't far off.

We all know this mate, but father time has come . He is now a list clogger because he's slowed down and can't play transition footy anymore as the game is too fast for him and he's regularly injured . Dusty was a list clogger this year and he knew his time was up and retired. It's *smile* seeing them actually playing inferior football to what we knew them as and I prefer they retire still being serviceable rather than walking on the field like a cripple. Watching Hart in his lasty season was tears to the eyes *smile* as he was so broken down and Dusty wasn't far off.
yeah, father time is here for Dion, but you take this hit for the leadership qualities next year, if we get 10 games out of him and a full year of training with the kids at punt road it pays off.

Reactions: 5 users
because he's cooked and not part of our next premiership.
You do realise T-P three quarters of the list could be gone over the next three off seasons.
Thats 30 -32 players not playing in a premiership for us.
If we don't turn over ten players this year then we are not serious about the need for a full on rebuild.

I don't think Prestia is cooked at all he has plenty to offer a young team especially a team that is devoid of mids atm. That to me is the key, the list is devoid of mids. I'm not even sure we can afford to offload Dow because of this.
Prestia i reckon is only behind Taranto, and even with Hopper when it comes to mids. We will have three years of clean outs imo and it won't hurt us if Prestia is next year instead of this year.

Actual mids from the top down in importance.

Taranto inside.
Prestia inside.
Hopper inside.

thats our three best mids like it or not.
Ross average mid more outside.
Dow delist but we will keep because of numbers.
Sonsie possible bust, been very ordinary.
McAuliffe big kid but clearly out of his depth this year. will need time in development if possible.

then we have
Bolton Tde likely gone.
Baker tde probably gone.
Graham f/a likely gone.
Dusty gone. ret

Of all those mentioned all eleven of them lol only 6 could be left after this off season and as few as four at the end of next season. The situation in this is dire imho of course.

Another season of Prestia either way is not a bad thing.

We may draft three or four kids but they will need time and some experienced mids around them every week.
Thats my take anyway.

Reactions: 4 users
You do realise T-P three quarters of the list could be gone over the next three off seasons.
If we don't turn over ten players this year then we are not serious about the need for a full on rebuild.

I don't think Prestia is cooked at all he has plenty to offer a young team especially a team that is devoid of mids atm. That to me is the key, the list is devoid of mids. I'm not even sure we can afford to offload Dow because of this.
Prestia i reckon is only behind Taranto, and even with Hopper when it comes to mids. We will have three years of clean outs imo and it won't hurt us if Prestia is next year instead of this year.

Taranto inside.
Prestia inside.
Hopper inside.

McAuliffe big kid but clearly out of his depth this year. will need time in development if possible.

then we have
Bolton Tde likely gone.
Baker tde probably gone.
Graham f/a likely gone.
Dusty gone. ret

Of all those mentioned all eleven of them lol only 6 could be left after this off season and as few as four at the end of next season. The situation in this is dire imho of course.

We may draft three or four kids but they will need time and some experienced mids around them every week.
Thats my take anyway.
I wonder given this if we will look at mids from other clubs, possibly as part of mooted trades.

Erasmus or Brodie from Freo
Peatling from GWS

Nah mate, I suspect the younger blokes on the list wouldn't be thinking Dion should be retired off. There is a fairly good chance he is helping them reach their potential.

And I understand you are just being provocative by calling Dusty a list clogger, but I even so it is pretty disrespectful.

Not sure I agree with the absolutism of "if we don't delist 10 we're not serious".
9 isn't serious, 10 is?

I mean, if we moved on 4 I'd be agreeing with you. But we might move 7-8 this year and next. That's nearly half your list, and the bulk if your 25+ gone. Sizeable loss of experience if we only replenish via the draft.

yeah, father time is here for Dion, but you take this hit for the leadership qualities next year, if we get 10 games out of him and a full year of training with the kids at punt road it pays off.
Yes we are seeing it all unfurl this year. Worst performing Richmond side in history.

Last edited:

Taranto inside.
Prestia inside.
Hopper inside.

then we have
Bolton Tde likely gone.
Baker tde probably gone.
Graham f/a likely gone.
Dusty gone. ret

Thats my take anyway.
Sorry it’s a disaster having a midfield with TT, JH and Prestia. It’s too slow. They are all ranked around 70 or more in the AFL as midfielders . So they would be the third or fourth mids in each team, yet we have them all in the same side. We need big fast mids and they’re all slow with very poor DE. I’m not buying into the three of them in the one side as it’s been diabolical the last two years.
We are stuck with two for five years so enough experience there.

Last edited:
Nah mate, I suspect the younger blokes on the list wouldn't be thinking Dion should be retired off. There is a fairly good chance he is helping them reach their potential.

And I understand you are just being provocative by calling Dusty a list clogger, but I even so it is pretty disrespectful.
I’m saying he was this year and it was all *smile* how it ended with him and Grimes. No send offs and looking like cripples. I’m glad you’re happy seeing that as I think it’s disrespectful you liked this.
Dusty like the true champion he is retired as even he knew he was an iota of his best.

Last edited:
Not sure I agree with the absolutism of "if we don't delist 10 we're not serious".
9 isn't serious, 10 is?

I mean, if we moved on 4 I'd be agreeing with you. But we might move 7-8 this year and next. That's nearly half your list, and the bulk if your 25+ gone. Sizeable loss of experience if we only replenish via the draft.
I think 10 is a minimum personally id be looking at more.
The main reason is we have two uncompromised drafts coming then we have to deal with Tassie and compromised drafts.

The other reason is i dont think we have bottomed out others may disagree.