Welcome to Richmond Seth Campbell | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Seth Campbell

Sorry it’s a disaster having a midfield with TT, JH and Prestia. It’s too slow. They are all ranked around 70 or more in the AFL as midfielders . So they would be the third or fourth mids in each team, yet we have them all in the same side. We need big fast mids and they’re all slow with very poor DE. I’m not buying into the three of them in the one side as it’s been diabolical the last two years.
We are stuck with two for five years so enough experience there.
We are going to disagree on this one bud. Of course they are all slow but they all don't have to play in the same midfield or even the same side.

We are in no hurry to push mids out the door simply because we just dont have many. Not ideal but it is a reality.

Reactions: 1 user
We are going to disagree on this one bud. Of course they are all slow but they all don't have to play in the same midfield or even the same side.

We are in no hurry to push mids out the door simply because we just dont have many. Not ideal but it is a reality.
Why not in a hurry to push them out if they’re not at the standard? Ok we will see where it ends up next year, but I will see the same results if they’re all on the field midfield or not.

Dusty like the true champion he is retired as even he knew he was an iota of his best.
Actually, if you wanted to drill down to the nitty gritty of this.
Then perhaps Dusty should have retired at the end of last year, or at least way earlier this year. Pretty much been 50% of the Dusty superstar we all know n love for all of this year. But same as we've done for Shedda n Cotch n even to a degree Jaaack or Grub. We let these premiership heroes n champions of our club play out to their 300 game milestones if available but more importantly come to their own acceptance of their career mortality and chose / agree that their time is done.
All of these players have struggled to get near their usual standards of performance in their final year of footy and could easily have copped the guillotine at any time. But in respect and affection for every thing they brought us over their careers, these players rightly get the time n consideration to end on their terms. As should Prestigiocamo n the Lynchman when their time arises without being called *smile* list cloggers.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Not sure I agree with the absolutism of "if we don't delist 10 we're not serious".
9 isn't serious, 10 is?

I mean, if we moved on 4 I'd be agreeing with you. But we might move 7-8 this year and next. That's nearly half your list, and the bulk if your 25+ gone. Sizeable loss of experience if we only replenish via the draft.
In 2009 we moved 12 players on . Three retirements and nine delistings
2010 it was 9. 3/6
2011 it was 11. 1/10
2012 it was 10. 2/8
2013 it was 7. 2/5 it normalised.

You need to be ruthless as we were back then and just turning players over until we get enough superstars first and then the suitable role players to support them. Dimma is laughing at the Suns as he’s in a healthier situation than when he started with us as he doesn’t have to delist as many players and his stars have a good run of games in them. He will not stand for any list cloggers and keep playing the kids until he gets the right combination again.

Then perhaps Dusty should have retired at the end of last year, or at least way earlier this year. Pretty much been 50% of the Dusty superstar we all know n love for all of this year. But same as we've done for Shedda n Cotch n even to a degree Jaaack or Grub. We let these premiership heroes n champions of our club play out to their 300 game milestones if available but more importantly come to their own acceptance of their career mortality and chose / agree that their time is done.
All of these players have struggled to get near their usual standards of performance in their final year of footy and could easily have copped the guillotine at any time. But in respect and affection for every thing they brought us over their careers, these players rightly get the time n consideration to end on their terms. As should Prestigiocamo n the Lynchman when their time arises without being called *smile* list cloggers.
I think Dusty had an amazing 23 and that one injury to his back destroyed him. They were all entitled to play 300 and Cotchin was still great in his last year. Jack lost Lynch and had very little support, but he was still acceptable so I had no qualms with him playing.
I think Sheds went too long, but now looking at it I’m glad he still got to the milestone as he deserved it especially as he rode the rough waves of hard times with the other guys. Prestia has no reason to play on is more my point and Dusty realised himself he was not going to help our list or team and did the right thing .

Reactions: 2 users
It probably worked out well when the likes of Jack and Cotch restructured their contracts to fit the likes of Lynch into the salary cap.
Maybe Dusty did and Grimesy. We don’t always know the full details of who does what, especially with contracts.
Maybe Jack and Cotch weren’t anywhere near their best. But their leadership was still highly valued. An extra year after the sacrifices they’ve made is more than deserved.
Dusty was rooted. But he deserved to go out on his own terms. It’s not always the case, but in his, it’s maybe an exception.

Great news that we’ve locked him up. He’s been one of the very few bright spots this season (along with Ralphsmith & Mansell).

Reactions: 5 users
A few 2 years…. Without looking at whole list, we don’t seem to be staggering end dates too much.
Either way, good signing… there are glimpses

We have seen the potential in Seth throughout this season and for me, he is going to be something special when he fully matures in mind and body so a great resigning

Has been a big season for the young fella. Hopefully he's learned a lot and goes away determine to come back and have an excellent pre-season. Could be a bit of a player once he feels more confident at the elite level.