Welcome to Richmond Seth Campbell | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Seth Campbell

Agree with everyone he needs a good break. Play him magoos and give him a mid role.

Ins this week hoping we look at a different structure would be Gray, Bauer, Smith, Trezise, Coulthard, Prestia and Martin but only if he is 100%

Agree with everyone he needs a good break. Play him magoos and give him a mid role.

Ins this week hoping we look at a different structure would be Gray, Bauer, Smith, Trezise, Coulthard, Prestia and Martin but only if he is 100%
They may put a few in, but sadly Gray won’t be one of them. He’s out for most of the rest of the season with a hamstring injury.

Sam Davidson.
Oh, wait...
I can see him being another Durham that we have stolen from under our noses.

Should've taken him in the MSD we had the chance and could've had 3 spots on the LTIL now we will probably have him poached and then draft a spud in the ND instead.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Coulthard was non-existent today in the VFL despite us kicking 20+ goals. Gray, Bauer injured. Leaves Smith & Tresize, competing for same position.

Coulthard was non-existent today in the VFL despite us kicking 20+ goals. Gray, Bauer injured. Leaves Smith & Tresize, competing for same position..
Trezise’s skill set appears to offer flexibility and could probably play wing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thought Trezise was a lot cleaner today than when I watched him earlier in the year. Noticeable improvement. Can’t wait to see him in the AFL.

We have too few one touch players, and they are so essential in the quick game football has become.

DS
As last night's game reminded us - we have so few guys with clean, fast hands. Instead a lot of fumblers, lose possession types. Hopper was noticeably poor at getting the ball; Freos' mids killed us around the stoppages and packs IMO.

Trezise is the odd man out right now.

He has fallen behind with his injury absence now Blight and Smith at the least are looking to be ahead of him.

Hès likely going to have to wait now for injuries or suspensions to get a look in, unless they move Brown to a wing which wouldn't be the worst idea going forward.

Kaleb Smith is the next running defender in line.

Trezise is more of a replacement for Broad or Tigga, although not at the level as those two obviously.

James needs to just put some solid work in and be ready to rumble for the pre season, as there might be some musical chairs regarding the list in the off season.

Trezise is the odd man out right now.

He has fallen behind with his injury absence now Blight and Smith at the least are looking to be ahead of him.

Hès likely going to have to wait now for injuries or suspensions to get a look in, unless they move Brown to a wing which wouldn't be the worst idea going forward.

Kaleb Smith is the next running defender in line.

Trezise is more of a replacement for Broad or Tigga, although not at the level as those two obviously.

James needs to just put some solid work in and be ready to rumble for the pre season, as there might be some musical chairs regarding the list in the off season.
Dont think JT is that far off a gig.
Playing well in the mister magoos and no doubt the club rates him.
Was listed as the best afl player today.

"Dow and James Trezise (26 disposals and two marks) were instrumental early-on in the contest."

Dont think JT is that far off a gig.
Playing well in the mister magoos and no doubt the club rates him.
Was listed as the best afl player today.

"Dow and James Trezise (26 disposals and two marks) were instrumental early-on in the contest."
I'd like to see him in also dell, just dont know who they will drop for him or move positionally to facilitate his inclsuison.

Trezise or Smith can both play HB or Wing. Short needs to be ejected from the Backline and move forward. Can’t carry Mansell, Cumberland and Campbell anymore in the one team. One is ample.

I'd like to see him in also dell, just dont know who they will drop for him or move positionally to facilitate his inclsuison.
Pick the inform players and then allocate the positions.
If that means Tresize is on a wing or forward flank so be it.

But I'd be pushing Rioli onball. We need his dash.
Then JT goes to a back flank.
Broad and Brown then take more attacking roles

I look at VFL as the grooming ground for young players to experience and solidify a position before being selected in the 1s. That's the idea of having your own VFL-listed team, control. I therefore don't see the point in a Smith or Tresize, who have played the whole season in the backline, coming in to play wing or forward. If that's the aim trial them there at VFL level first. This playing them out of position without appropriate trial has been tried and failed miserably a few times already.

Poor old Seth ran 15.5km for four touches. That's a lot of unrewarded running.

Poor old Seth ran 15.5km for four touches. That's a lot of unrewarded running.
Is it unrewarded running or is he not running to the right spots? Does he put himself into space to become an option? I guess it's hard to know without watching him live.

Either way, I think a stint in the VFL with some midfield minutes just to get his hands on it a bit would be beneficial now. Otherwise he's basically just running laps on the MCG while there's an AFL game going on around him