Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Houli's two biggest hauls disposal wise this year was 35 and 37 both with no short in the team. How does he set Houli off the chain??

Reactions: 1 user
Houli's two biggest hauls disposal wise this year was 35 and 37 both with no short in the team. How does he set Houli off the chain??

With all due respect, you’d need to consider a few other factors than possie numbers in isolation.

DE, goal chains, pressure acts, where Houli is able to run.

What I’m actually referring to by off the chain is having the freedom to burst from D50 as the high linking running defender.

People don’t seem to get that the backline is a fraternity. If Houli is bursting through the middle then Shorty is back on his man. That’s how we roll, there’s always cover.

There’s no doubt in my mind that the other defenders know Shorty is in a rut. So he does the dish washing. Sits back on the oppo small more often so Houli can run.

Footy is a complex beast and you can’t just replace Shorty in September with a plug and play unless his name is Stack.

With all due respect, you’d need to consider a few other factors than possie numbers in isolation.

DE, goal chains, pressure acts, where Houli is able to run.

What I’m actually referring to by off the chain is having the freedom to burst from D50 as the high linking running defender.

People don’t seem to get that the backline is a fraternity. If Houli is bursting through the middle then Shorty is back on his man. That’s how we roll, there’s always cover.

There’s no doubt in my mind that the other defenders know Shorty is in a rut. So he does the dish washing. Sits back on the oppo small more often so Houli can run.

Footy is a complex beast and you can’t just replace Shorty in September with a plug and play unless his name is Stack.

Fair enough, Im not a Short hater but I just think on current form I can't see how he's kept his spot, but I also have faith in the MC as they've clearly got a far better idea than me.

Fair enough, Im not a Short hater but I just think on current form I can't see how he's kept his spot, but I also have faith in the MC as they've clearly got a far better idea than me.

He’s been poor with ball in hand, no doubt. I think our form threshold can carry him for the sake of team synergy. For the moment.

Reactions: 1 user

I agree with that mostly

But reckon they could reorganise

And shorty clean the plates in the 2s,

Where the ramifications of several panicking turn overs are smaller.

I reckon the MC will be debating this at length,

And make the call that gives us the greatest liklihood of winning the flag.

And i suspect shorty will play in one, irrespective of what they decide.

Its been confirmed that he was dropped for disciplinary reasons Leon, keep up,

And if he played in the seniors that week he might have done a knee or might have got through unscathed, we will never know
So where was this announced or revealed? I did wonder ... but I also follow much of the AFL media especially re RFC, never saw it anywhere. But then, I don't camp in the park outside PRO. However, if he was playing up, then good, I support the discipline. He needs to pull his head in, hope wiser heads are exerting influence.
OTOH, could have been left to develop and maintain his game on the HBF, might have got less of a big head instead of after that 4-goal game when moved HFF. Maybe he would be still in the seniors. We will never know.

Remember the space bar? Decked out like the surface of the moon.

After watching the tape, I reckon Shorty wasn't too bad. Less bad moments and more good ones. After his last Q in the WC game which was the first time I've seen him go in hard repeatedly, he could be building. :blowingup

LOL....Jayden Short thread hijacked by 80s clubbers reminiscing about the golden days.
I thought Shorty turned it over about seven times BUT he did have 23 disposals including 7 marks and 1 tackle. Does he therefore stay?

He was terrible early against the Lions with panicky, wide of the mark handballs, but to be fair i thought he improved as the game went on to have an ok game.