Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown

They said on the Smith's telecast that the opposing Ruckman was Moyle's younger brother. 1st VFL game and straight from the amateurs. So easy pickings for our veteran OHB

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
His work in close for a couple of intercepts was very promising as well. I didn’t notice his leap in the quarter and half I watched. Seemed to be taking the centre bounce from a standing start.

They said on the Smith's telecast that the opposing Ruckman was Moyle's younger brother. 1st VFL game and straight from the amateurs. So easy pickings for our veteran OHB
VAFA reserves. 196cms. So you would how OHB would dominate hitouts.

His around the ground does look okay though.

Reactions: 1 user
VAFA reserves. 196cms. So you would how OHB would dominate hitouts.

His around the ground does look okay though.
If that’s the case, you’ve got to wonder how a new club with 1000 draft picks doesn’t have a back up ruckman in the reserves.
Worst recruiting ever!!

1721001849302.gif

In one centre clearance early in the second he really showed his basketball skills with a one handed intercept pluck off a GC handball and then fed the ball forward with a beautiful handball. His kicking and marking needs some work but his hands in close are very, very good for a big man.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Yes that's the query, last 2 games the opposition ruck hasn't been much chop. At his height OHB is going to dominate hitouts. Clearances were pretty even 48-45 so not sure how advantageous the hitouts are. Does well once the ball hits the ground from ruck contests. Not sure around the ground though, only 1 mark.

It's all experience for him but will be good to see how he goes against an experienced ruckman.

This changes my praise, it's still a good game but not a scalp.

Yes that's the query, last 2 games the opposition ruck hasn't been much chop. At his height OHB is going to dominate hitouts. Clearances were pretty even 48-45 so not sure how advantageous the hitouts are. .......

Their midfield was Sexton, Darcy McPherson, Tsitas, etc. That's AFL and round 1 picks midfield..... And it showed for the first half. We changed things at half time and won more stoppages after half time.

Their midfield was Sexton, Darcy McPherson, Tsitas, etc. That's AFL and round 1 picks midfield..... And it showed for the first half. We changed things at half time and won more stoppages after half time.
Yes point is we had 78 hitouts to 34 yet only just won clearances. I don't put alot of credence on raw hitouts, more on what a ruckman does after the ruck contest and around the ground. His contested possession work at the ruck contest is good and he does make, good, quick handball decisions. Not so sure about his abilities around the ground though.

Still reckon Ryan would've only got half the HO on his best day.
Considering Ryan got 43 HOs sharing ruck duties with Naismith against Rory Lobb and a 202cm AFL listed Lachlan Smith I reckon you don't really think know what you are talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Considering Ryan got 43 HOs sharing ruck duties with Naismith against Rory Lobb and a 202cm AFL listed Lachlan Smith I reckon you don't really think know what you are talking about.
but Rory is not a Ruckman and Smith isn't even 19yo . Also OHB didn't have the support of Naismith yesterday. Do some proper research before spouting insults backed with useless information . Ryan has been in the system for four seasons now , whilst OHB has basically played 4 VFL games , but unlike the Amateur kid he played on yesterday he wasn't raised in a footy environment. Again OHB did not have an Aussies rules background like Ryan and that's why he's a Cat B Rookie if you had noticed and i really believe you don't think much at all after reading your abusive post.

but Rory is not a Ruckman and Smith isn't even 19yo . Also OHB didn't have the support of Naismith yesterday. Do some proper research before spouting insults backed with useless information . Ryan has been in the system for four seasons now , whilst OHB has basically played 4 VFL games , but unlike the Amateur kid he played on yesterday he wasn't raised in a footy environment. Again OHB did not have an Aussies rules background like Ryan and that's why he's a Cat B Rookie if you had noticed and i really believe you don't think much at all after reading your abusive post.
So you reckon Ryan would not have got 30HOs if he played instead of OHB yesterday? Cos that was your earlier claim, nothing to do with OHB's background or position on the list.

So you reckon Ryan would not have got 30HOs if he played instead of OHB yesterday? Cos that was your earlier claim, nothing to do with OHB's background or position on the list.
FFS give yourself a rest. Do you understand the meaning of putting things into perspective. ?

I think will see huge improvement form him simply doing another pre season with the oval shaped ballin his hands not a basketball, some of his basic errors I believe come from the adjusting to the Sherrin

He's learnt most of the other skills in a very short space of time, appears he has the nouse and work ethic to learn how to kick as well.

Reactions: 5 users
massive game today in the VFL and was BOG . Will be our number one ruck soon. Massive find by the club
I only saw the highlights but thought that he needs to get some accuracy in his tap work but he is a big unit you wouldn't want to argue with. Looks like a promising work in progress in a position where we sorely need back up

Reactions: 3 users