Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown

As of today he is our backup ruck.
If Nank goes down its either Wolfmother or Kosi/Balta

Reactions: 1 user
As of today he is our backup ruck.
If Nank goes down its either Wolfmother or Kosi/Balta
I'm pretty confident if Nank missed next week, our next no1 ruck, Samson Ryan, would come straight into the team if fit.

Reactions: 2 users
The fact there is any debate at all says so much about both.
Debate? What debate?
I would say a 3 year contract says much more about Ryan. but yes great see the improvement OHB is making.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok I've only seen the 3 of his VFL games and his kicking isn't good at all (as expected) . Even if you pick a good option, doesn't end well if you can't execute the kick well.
I'm totally with this. He cant kick a football. Same action as my old girl.

Bastard balls wasn't it?
You probably didn't know this, but apparently all-time AFL great (sic) Scott Pendlebury was a really good junior basketballer. It really helps your development for AFL they say.
Who would have thought ...?

I'm totally with this. He cant kick a football. Same action as my old girl.
If we had to play him at AFL level, everyone would be shocked at how poor his kicking is. Dusty et al would be instructed to run around for the takeaway any time he got a kick.

You probably didn't know this, but apparently all-time AFL great (sic) Scott Pendlebury was a really good junior basketballer. It really helps your development for AFL they say.
Who would have thought ...?
Stop making *smile* up.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Credit to Ivan Maric (again)...
Yeah it's interesting to see how hands on Ivvy is with Ollie at training. I get the angst on his kicking but at training they seem to be focusing on his bodywork for rucking and marking contests and then overall ground positioning. It's almost like we'll work on 2 or 3 things and then focus on the next few items. I get that approach.

Reactions: 5 users
His kicking has improved. During preseason the ball drop was a lottery. The graph is going the right way.

Reactions: 3 users
I've got this wild idea that will probably never catch on but here goes.
Draft a ruckman.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
We did, Samson Ryan.
Plus we got this freebie cat b giant.
Thats one of the clauses with the cat b though, cant draft a cat b footballer.
Funny clause.

His kicking is off because he can't kick, not sure how long ago he first kicked a footy, probably not long ago. His ruck work was good, although I do question the opposition quality, they had 4 rucking and looked very under-sized. Seems to be pretty good when the ball hits the ground after a ball-up. Getting g plenty of contested & clearances. Certainly promising & look forward to seeing him progress the rest of the season in the 2s.

Not Clark Kent?
No the phone box!

• Haha
His kicking has improved. During preseason the ball drop was a lottery. The graph is going the right way.
Soldo looked all at sea early. It's often said those that come to the game late actually become quite good kicks of the footy because a poor action isn't hardwired so less difficult to correct. Fingers crossed the hyphen can get it right.

Reactions: 3 users
He’s well ahead of Soldo at the same stage. His kicking is an issue, but it’s improving.
His other weakness is he sometimes forgets to put in a second effort when the ball is grounded. He’s still learning to remain focused on the game full time and learning where to run to , but he’s been fantastic overall considering where he’s come from.
He’s been a massive find in comparison to Colina and I think he will surpass Ryan by mid next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users