Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown

His kicking is off because he can't kick, not sure how long ago he first kicked a footy, probably not long ago. His ruck work was good, although I do question the opposition quality, they had 4 rucking and looked very under-sized. Seems to be pretty good when the ball hits the ground after a ball-up. Getting g plenty of contested & clearances. Certainly promising & look forward to seeing him progress the rest of the season in the 2s.
Only seen a couple of his VFL games, but in comparison to our other Cat B ruck in Maaaaate big Ollie plays Gawn like footy.

If we had to play him at AFL level, everyone would be shocked at how poor his kicking is. Dusty et al would be instructed to run around for the takeaway any time he got a kick.
The couple of games I've seen him, he's happy to look for the give away as his first option. But if it's not there, then there's no choice but to hoof it. Big work in progress but we won't really know what we've got until some time in 2026.

Reactions: 1 users
Only seen a couple of his VFL games, but in comparison to our other Cat B ruck in Maaaaate big Ollie plays Gawn like footy.
Yes I'd say every footy player from Under 8s to masters Over 60s looks like they play like Gawn compared to the enigma called Mate.

He’s well ahead of Soldo at the same stage. His kicking is an issue, but it’s improving.
His other weakness is he sometimes forgets to put in a second effort when the ball is grounded. He’s still learning to remain focused on the game full time and learning where to run to , but he’s been fantastic overall considering where he’s come from.
He’s been a massive find in comparison to Colina and I think he will surpass Ryan by mid next year.
Same stage is dependant on what stage u r talking about. Certainly not ahead of soldo at the same age (24).

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I like everything about him except that name. Looks like a Craig McFucky. That's a good name. Maybe Dave Shitstrop. Punchy Turdsmash. Lionel Famechon. Arsegrunt Fist. Gashscalp Fartswamp. Constip Oooomph. Any of them would be much better than Hypheny Bland-Bourg.

H8r *smile*-Offblock. That's a passable hyphen. As hyphens go.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I like everything about him except that name. Looks like a Craig McFucky. That's a good name. Maybe Dave Shitstrop. Punchy Turdsmash. Lionel Famechon. Arsegrunt Fist. Gashscalp Fartswamp. Constip Oooomph. Any of them would be much better than Hypheny Bland-Bourg.

H8r *smile*-Offblock. That's a passable hyphen. As hyphens go.
What really disturbes me about this post is that you wrote it at 6pm on a Thursday night. Assume you just got back from Revs?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
massive game today in the VFL and was BOG . Will be our number one ruck soon. Massive find by the club

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
massive game today in the VFL and was BOG . Will be our number one ruck soon. Massive find by the club
Just destroyed another VFL ruckman.
Some of his follow up ground work is unbelievable for a guy his size.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
I think will see huge improvement form him simply doing another pre season with the oval shaped ballin his hands not a basketball, some of his basic errors I believe come from the adjusting to the Sherrin

Just destroyed another VFL ruckman.
Some of his follow up ground work is unbelievable for a guy his size.
62 hit outs and got first hands on it nearly every time. But even more pleasing is he is getting the ball around the ground.

Work in progress but something definitely to look forward to.